2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Ok, here is my 1st Carputer installation after many months of planning.

Included are:
    -Voompc c/w 1.5Ghz C7
    -M2 Power supply
    -DWW-750FM head unit c/w 7" Pannasonic vga touchscreen lcd, am/fm radio/ 4x45Watt amp

1st pic is of everything all closed up, looking like a normal radio. Hopefully not catching theives interest.

2nd pic is of the cd tray opened up. This is a usb cd tray that has been incorporated into the open slot under the aftermarket single din to 1.5 din Chrysler dash kit, with some basic fabrication. This seems like it will work out well, but I am having trouble getting the drive to work in my car. I will be adding power to it from a rail in the M2 power supply shortly so hopefully that will work out.

3rd pic is of the lcd panel opened up running RoadRunner with the Blue Devil skin.

Bellow the radio/cd tray I added 3 RCA inputs for video/audio for the video1 mode of the monitor. The old saying "measure twice cut once" applies here. I cut the holes too close together originally & the plugs couldn't go in. Now I have some bondo'ing of some holes to repair. Darn! On the right is a big red button which is to switch the ignition input to the M2 board in case all i wanna do is listen to the radio & not fire up the pc. It is a lighted switch, but the 1st time I flipped it, it did light up, but blew the radio fuse somehow. Now it is a non lighted switch. Oh well...

I'd like to thank you all for the info & software posted in these boards that made this project possible!
    Attached Files
    2001 PT Cuiser
    VoomPC with 1.5Ghz C7
    M2 power supply
    in dash slim tray dvd drive
    DWW-750FM c/w 7" USB touchscreen,AM/FM, 4x45W amp
    See my install here

Nice setup! I think 750FM looks good. Can you post a picture taken from the side of this unit?

AG

Comment

i love that unit. looks like it doesnt have a flip out screen. good for thieves. i also like how it has that usb port on the side. hows the glare?? and did you happen to take pictures from the backside???

Comment

looking good, do you have more pics of your computer and the rest of the install?
        New System in progress:
        M10k
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
        Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
        Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
        Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
        My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Hi guys, I've been out of town til now, sorry for the late reply.

aghazi, I will take some more pix including side view shortly.

scott_fx, The pix of the rest of my install like my voompc & such will wait another week or two (but I will do them), since that part is a mess of wires & I am not cleaning that up too much until my dvd drive gets going & I get the USB TV & USB wifi installed. Currently the dvd isn't working properly due to abad USB cable or power problem in the car & I gotta get that fixed first and am working on it in another thread.

Sal Medina, The glare isn't too bad. The screen is nice & bright, & I will be able to test it more since the forcast is all sun the next couple of days. I'll take a back side pic shortly.
          2001 PT Cuiser
          VoomPC with 1.5Ghz C7
          M2 power supply
          See my install here

Comment

Ok guys, per request below is a side pic & a back of lcd pic. The mechanism at the back of the lcd can pivot left and right too. It has adjustment nuts presumably in case you ever need to tighten it.
            Attached Files
            2001 PT Cuiser
            VoomPC with 1.5Ghz C7
            M2 power supply
            See my install here

Comment

where did u get that screen?
              Breast Cancer Awareness 360

Comment

Originally posted by BCA360 View Post
                where did u get that screen?
                http://www.digitalww.com/DWW-750FM.htm
                thanks for the pics.
                i think you should do a review on this head unit.....

Comment

yeah dude I would love a review on that screen too... looks nice. I really dont need the amp or radio since I plan on keeping my factory for awhile, but I think it looks great in your setup and like the usb on the side too.
                  My Site: http://www.reinerweb.us
                  My Car : http://members.cardomain.com/reiner15

Car Computer Alias - TekPC
                  Current Progress - - Brainstorming

Comment

Well, I did a mini review here. Will that do?
                    2001 PT Cuiser
                    VoomPC with 1.5Ghz C7
                    M2 power supply
                    See my install here

Comment

Nice setup dude... looking at doing something similar in my car. We shoudl hook up next time I'm visiting my parents (Port Couqitlam).

Matt

Comment

Haha I love the RCA points siting out of the dash.. hehe..
                        CAR INFO HERE
                        "He who dies with the most toys, wins".

Comment

I have a DWW-700H which is no longer working. This unit works perfect in my install since the unit is near my gearshift.

Can someone that owns this let me know if it is possible to NOT pull this all the way out like my DWW-700H so it is closer to the DIN? In other words, with the 700H I could pull it out and make it click in place, but I could also pull it out then slowly lift the screen up and push it back so it doesn't click in place and it would not stick out as far. I could then use it just fine without it interfering with my gear shifting. If I pulled it all the way out to where it clicked I would bump my hand into it shifting.

I need to know this info before I order one so if anyone can help I'd be very appreciative!

-GK
                          2009 Scion XB
                          Mac Mini Intel Core Solo
                          RoadRunner w/LSX Void

Comment

Working...
                          X