96 Lexus SC400 Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Lexus SC400 Install

The top picture shows the monitor and how it was installed into the factory radio's cage. I disassembled the broken factory radio and embedded the monitor into it. Came out OK for a first time. Others show it installed in my car.
    Attached Files
    Celeron 2.53 Ghz Processor
    512M ddr memory
    Mimo 7" USB Display
    XM Direct Tuner
    mp3car.com XM Direct USB interface box

1999 Mustang GT Convertible Supercharged

nice stock looking setup. did you put the computer in yet ? didn't see where.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I did put the computer in. It isn't totally mounted yet (i'm going to construct a mount from plywood. I'm using the spot the cd changer was mounted to. Here's a pic so far. I have a carnetix power supply from mp3car.com and it powers the computer and lcd. It's mounted behind the trim panel on the driver's side whereas the computer is on the passenger side. No wires dangling. The usb soundblaster is mounted over the wheel well behind the trim as well.
      Attached Files
      512M ddr memory
      Mimo 7" USB Display
      XM Direct Tuner

Comment

Sweet, another SC400 owner! I should post up pix of my setup, haven't done that ever since I finished installing it years ago...
        Lexus SC400
        Subaru WRX Wagon

Comment

Do that. I'd like to see. The SC400 has the perfect opening for a monitor.
          512M ddr memory
          Mimo 7" USB Display
          XM Direct Tuner

Comment

Here's some more pix of my project. Still need to add gps, but it is pretty much done. Cleaned up the trunk and mounted computer behind the partition in the trunk.
            Attached Files
            512M ddr memory
            Mimo 7" USB Display
            XM Direct Tuner

Comment

Here's a picture of the screen complements of JohnWPB. Very nice graphics (I removed the clock and replaced it with a lexus logo I created in adobe photoshop 7. . .didn't need the clock, already have one in my car). Nice, fast skin. Its called BlueDevil and is used with roadrunner.

BTW, notice the line on the screen above the Lexus symbol. My radar detector fell off my window and scratched the screen. Actually it gashed it. Seems to work well still, but made me sick after all the work I put into it. The radar detector is now mounted below the mirror with a strap that goes through its bracket in case it somehow falls off the window again. That way it will hang from the mirror.
              Attached Files
              512M ddr memory
              Mimo 7" USB Display
              XM Direct Tuner

Comment

nice clean set-up.....question, what is that to the right of the LCD? cup holder that pops out?
                My First Carputer

Comment

Originally posted by mobileT83 View Post
                  question, what is that to the right of the LCD? cup holder that pops out?
                  Yeah, it's a weird cup holder like that.
                  Pics.

On another note: I strongly agree with your avatar pic!
                  For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
                  Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
                  Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

Originally posted by miwise View Post
                    Do that. I'd like to see. The SC400 has the perfect opening for a monitor.
                    Here's how my 2nd try on my center console...
                    1st try had it mounted where you have it now, back seat passengers had the "dildomatic" shifter blocking their view.

2nd try, relocated A/C unit down below and molded the screen up top, I like it a lot, my 3rd version might move the screen up even further to allow a slot load dvd below the screen.
                    Attached Files
                    Lexus SC400
                    Subaru WRX Wagon

Comment

Very Nice

I am about to start my sc 400 carputer project
                      You guys are giving good ideas and this forum a priceless resource.
                      ACleanSC your pic looks good. How in the world did you Fab the center trim molding for the screen and move the CC?

Have you guys seen the picture of the soarer on this site? This guy incorporated his pc in the original cd changer housing!!!!!! *which is pretty much useless after a carptuer install)

Has anyone considered installing a slide-in cd/dvd where the vertical cup holder is?

Anyway keep up the good work I will be working on mine in the coming months and will put up picks. I am sure I will bother several of you picking your brains cause I will NEED HELP!!!!

Thanks
                      Brent

Comment

Hi miwise. What screen is that? Make and Model?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X