No announcement yet.

Finally installed my headrest monitors

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally installed my headrest monitors

I finally decided to install my headrest monitors myself instead of paying someone else. I am not an installer so I was hesitant to cut up my headrest but after some research on this forum and a couple of beers I said "_uck it!"
    I had to go with some 6.5" headrest because anything else would be too big, I'll upgrade them later when I install my Katzkin leather but for now these will do.

some pics
    Attached Files

Not the best but it will do for now. Only ones sitting back there are my two daughters

question regarding headrest monitor in general: When you run the wires, how clean are you running them, meaning, if you decide to lift the headrest, what will you see?

I suppose the cleanest would be to drill through the metal posts holding the headrest in and running wire through them...

Any pix of the wiring?
      Progress:99% not 100% because theres always something to do...
      Centrafuse on XP (lited)
      120GB 2.5" SATA HD
      1GB DDR2 Ram
      M2-ATX PS
      Slot-Load DVD
      BU-353 GPS w/Mappoint 2k6

Sorry don't have any pics of the wiring but in response to your other question, I did not drill into the post because that would be more work and I was really pressed for time (only had about 2 hrs to do everything while the wife and kids were out of the house )

If you lift the headrest you will see about 1" of wire which is fine because we never move the headrest anyway.

The monitors have two inputs; I have one going to my headunit which is also a DVD player and the other will be going to the game system. Each girl can watch or play whatever they want to at the same time