Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10.4" Screen in 95 Accord.. First Build.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10.4" Screen in 95 Accord.. First Build.

First off i wanna thank Yevmeister, turbocad6, Zip-Lock, com2soft, WiredWRX, HitmanZ, Elifromthevi, cdRskull, W3BMA5T3R, and alti for all the help they have been throughout my build. THANKS!!!

2 months later ive come to a point where i can drive my car( and its not halfway taken apart).. and the carpc works.. so its a stopping point for me for the most part.. of course it needs work and i want to add some stuff.. but i dont think anyones carpeuter is actually ever DONE.

Future plans: perfect the bezel... put four 12"s in to replace my one 12.. obdII.. rear camera.. dynamat the car.. kickpanels.. airbags.. external hd.. get phoco working.

Current setup:
    Sony Vaio AX570G
    ECHO INDIGO IO PCMIA SOUNDCARD
    Carnetix p1900
    10.4" Lilliput Screen
    Clarion EQS746 equalizer
    Some old amp i had in my room forgot what it is im drawing blank..
    One kicker comp 12" sub with ported box.
    Crossfire 6's and 6x9's
    GPSlim 236 holux receiver
    Iguidance 3.0
    Centrafuse

I started my build off using turbocad's tutorial.. however i got impatient and already had oatleys abs liquid so i started with that.. worked well for a starting point.. After that i went and got a bumper repairkit muchlike the kit turbocad uses.. it worked GREAT.. easy to sand.. sturdy.. all the things u want it to be.

Enough talk.. here are some pics.. (btw i lost my camera in the build process.. so there is a huge gap from my first starting the project straight to the end..)

Had to cut alot off the edges of the bezel.. and it still BARELY fit...

There was a bunch of crap here.. had to cut it all out.. and attempt to smooth the edges.. and yes i used a handsaw.. lol.. i sold my dremel one time when i was desperate for money in highschool..

Attached Files

I still got work to do on the edges of the bezel there are some small gaps.. most of them can be fix by just pulling the bezel out some.. just have not had anytime..

Also.. if anyone knows of a solution for me to make my 10.4" Lilliput auto on through the software (like the codes) i would appreciate the help.. thanks!

Let me know what you think.
    Attached Files

Comment

maybe more pics

Comment

i like it! doesnt it annoy you the shift knob in the way though? maybe you can buy a new one thats shorter or maybe cut this one down?
        i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

thanks eskalad! yeah the shift knob is definitely annoying.. its not bad when I'm driving though because its all the way back.. in park though it is annoying for sure... would be def cool if I could find a smaller one.. haven't seen any though..

Comment

hey man, nice job.. looks very familiar

you can definately shorten that shifter... the tube is hollow & the insert that connects to the thumb button will need to be shortened too, but it will make a HUGE difference in the overall usability.... the handle on yours is kinda big & tall by itself, but there may be a civic or something that uses a shorter handle too... swapping out the whole shifter may be an option, but may be a bit more hassle...

either way, congradulations on a great job
            MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

YEah ill have to look into that.... sounds a little easier than i thought... Thanks though!!

Comment

That looks excellent! It fits so well there it looks like an 8" screen... (not oversized)
                Great Job!
                My Install

Software:
                CFiG v1
                iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
                Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
                StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

Yeah it worked out really well.. i had my doubts at first but im happy now.. Thanks!

Comment

indeed, job well done. makes me wanna hack up my dash again to make more room for a larger display.
                    replicant
                    Audi A4 (flickr pics)

Comment

Yup im loving the big screen.. went in my bros car the other day who has a double din 6" kenwood.. seemed SOO small.. haha. used to seem big.

Comment

Looks fk'n sweet bro

Comment

yeah the 10.4" screen is pretty big, possibly to big if u ask me. i have one mounted in my car and it lights up everything at night!

u found out how to get it to auto power on? mine does if power was cut to it without turning it off first if that makes sense.

the only issue i've had with the screen is that one of the connections inside must be loose so the screen often goes green, however pushing on the left hand side of the casing stops this. since u've had your screen apart (mine is a virgin lol), would this be easily fixed by opening it up?

Comment

Originally posted by zedevan View Post
                            yeah the 10.4" screen is pretty big, possibly to big if u ask me. i have one mounted in my car and it lights up everything at night!

u found out how to get it to auto power on? mine does if power was cut to it without turning it off first if that makes sense.

the only issue i've had with the screen is that one of the connections inside must be loose so the screen often goes green, however pushing on the left hand side of the casing stops this. since u've had your screen apart (mine is a virgin lol), would this be easily fixed by opening it up?
                            actually the FAQ section for the lilliputs has the factory codes that can be entered via the remote that will ensure the monitor always comes on automatically when it receives power. that's how I went about it.

as far as the loose connection, my screen has/had the same issue and yes, you just have to make sure the connector on the back of the lcd is seated right. and locked into place. temp changes seem to make it want to come loose. It's easy enough to access once you pop it's umm... seal

Comment

hey W3bMa5t3r were you able to get your 10.4" lilliput to auto-on using the same codes everyone else uses?? i have never been able to get thsoe codes to work with my screen.. So ive been manually turning it on so far.. any more information about this would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X