05 GTO custom double DIN LCD, Fanless PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 GTO custom double DIN LCD, Fanless PC

I wanted to get a worklog started for my 05 GTO.

So far I'm done with everything but wiring and a custom fiberglass sub enclosure.

Here is the custom LCD, I didn't do a worklog on it, all I have are pics of the finished product.

Basically a lilliput lcd bezel hacked and a soche instal kit hacked, glued together, filler applied, sanded heavily and painted with dashboard paint...
    Attached Files

Here's one of the guts of the PC, basically a MII 12000, in a Serener Fanless case, a gig of ram and a 100GB HD. Yes made the HD/PS bracket out of wood, been testing it for a while, seems to have no issues.

Attached Files

Comment

Here's a closeup of the OPUS 90 watt, had to modify it a little bit to get it to fit inside the case... Once again, I've been testing this, ran it for a week straight (granted on a bench), heat and everything else seem to be fine.

Attached Files

Comment

Finally the screen mounted in the car.

Attached Files

Comment

And another one...

There are a few other picture in the fabrication forum as well here
          Attached Files

Comment

son, damn that fab looks awesome. where did you locate your carputer?
            [HL]My Worklog (~75% complete, but fully functional)[/HL]:
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...t-install.html

Comment

It's in the trunk with all the other stuff.... amp, xm, dvd drive (for now), GPS...

Comment

This install is officially done! (Except for the fiberglass sub I plan on adding later)

Here is the stuff mounted in the rear

Attached Files

Comment

I mounted all my antennas (XM, GPS, WiFi) under the third brake light cover... Works great!

Pretty stealth IMHO...
                  Attached Files

Comment

A shot of my custom Via boot screen

Attached Files

Comment

A shot of the BMW skin I tweaked...

Don't have a clue about "Broken Boy Soldiers" it was playing on Ethel when I took the pic...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice work!
                        moved from Worklogs to SOYP.
                        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Nice work. I like how you hid your antennas under the brake light. I like stealthy and was thinking of something similar. Good job making it look clean in the trunk.
                          System always under construction

Comment

Very clean. Love double-din installs.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with it so far, still trying to work some of the OS kinks and tweak for speed, but like any carpc that will be an ongoing thing.

It kind of sucked, the day before yesterday when I was getting into the thick of the install, I'd taken my screen out to run wires and when I put it back in... it worked for about a minute, when I turned the ignition again, dead screen... This was one of the newer lilliput's with auto on, well, after about an hour of dorking around with it, I pretty much deducted that the board had gone tits up. So I grabbed my old lilliput, and damned if the screen hadn't died on that one... luckily I was able to piece together one functional lilliput, after a quick trip to the rat shack to grab a 150k resistor (had the capacitor laying around) I was back in business with auto on (thanks to coyote's diagram, what happened to him anyway?).. So basically I'm left with one completely dead lilliput... both board and screen...

Comment

Working...
                              X