• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated my Linux CarPC

Hey guys, just stopping by to say that I updated my Linux CarPC page:

https://www.timekiller.org/carpc/index.php

This time with an (almost complete)software walkthrough:

https://www.timekiller.org/carpc/software.php

There's a couple of vid clips to show how the interface works too.

Let me know what you guys think.
    Mazda 3
    Via Epia M10k w/ Lilliput 7"
    Gentoo,MythTV,iGuidance v3
    See the hardware and software

I little jelous of your linux setup. I wanted to go with linux but it's more time consuming so for my first carputer I decided to go with Windows. Hopefully will switch to Linux when find some spare time. I love your lcd install!
    f1vlad.com/subaru/sparow
    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ 80% progress (sold)

Comment

Hmm makes linux look like a good posibility. If only the guys in the linux section would get their act together and put out that all in one distro, then I would probibly convert as me and linux rarely get along when i have to go into the terminal
      nGhost - The FREE Frontend for Linux | Graphics Developer
      Linux ICE - The Car PC Distro | Team Member

Comment

Linux seems quite difficult.... I use to code (Basic, C, C++, ASM and VB) in the early to mid 90's but the only ppl I know that really use it are hard-core coders.... I just don't have the time and that kind of patience anymore..

Vin
        Carputer works... but will never be complete....

Comment

Originally posted by Vinster03XR View Post
          Linux seems quite difficult.... I use to code (Basic, C, C++, ASM and VB) in the early to mid 90's but the only ppl I know that really use it are hard-core coders.... I just don't have the time and that kind of patience anymore..

Vin
          We use it in out high schools....
          Failure is not an option....

It's installed by default on every version of Windows.

Comment

awsome setup...
            Im a pilot.

I have become a cross control stall.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinster03XR View Post

Vin
              There is certainly more flexibility, which usually involves more complexity. Depends what you want to do. While there are still warts getting things to run (hardware), usuability has come a long way.

I've had some difficulties, but more due to my requirements and the fact I'm using a testing distro. I'm thinking of moving from Debian to Ubuntu or Gentoo.
              GE Cache Builder | [email protected] |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

Comment

At least, Linux is becoming much much more user friendly now. I can't imagine if I still have to do modserial to get the 3Com moderm to work with linux.
                I am comfortable to use linux at home, but not carPC set. Lately, I been harvesting my old P3 400-600 systems to mess around with linux. So far I like PClinuxOS in comparision to Ubuntu.

Nice linux setup btw.
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
                X