Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My custom build full integrated 7" in dash car pc

My CAD design is finished, and I just wanted to show it:
    Maybe you have some suggestions, or it can inspire your plans...

I wanted to add a 3D model with free viewer, but 2MB are too big for here...

Everything fits in my little-more than dobble DIN dash, components are listed in my avatar.

the first pic is a quick photoshop montage

greets, Roland
    Attached Files

Very nice model. I like how you arranged the components
    in your design as well. I have been looking for Double DIN specs for some time, namely the mounting screw specs... Would you mind sharing what you have with me?
    Thanks
    -Gordon

Comment

My dash opening is a custom Alfa one...

But I think the the only spec for the dobble DIN is an opening of 4" by 7", and there are no mounting holes. It's mounted with a radio specific bracket, which is bend behind the opening - same as standard 1 DIN radio.
      Even the slot deph is car depending...

Roland

Comment

how are you getting power to your speakers?

great design by the way
        '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

Carputer Progress:
        Design:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 100%
        Fabrication:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]100%
        Installation:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 80%

In trouble...

Comment

Are you going to run everything through an amp? Also, a suggestion I have is to perhaps put in a line-in input jack for your ipod etc.

Comment

I forgot to add - it looks really sweet!!

Comment

Originally posted by stangg172006 View Post
              how are you getting power to your speakers?

great design by the way
              Thanks for appreciation!

I ordered 2 mini amps with 2x30W RMS (McFun), to have the possibility of 4 channel sound and volume control.
              I didn't get it till now, and I don' know the quality, but for sure they are much better than my OEM radio's amp! I don't want something to be installed in my trunk, so buying this 2 pieces was the only option i found... I put them somewere under the radio aaahm pc There is still some room behind my dash, have to be filled with electronic stuff...

And I could imagine to buy usb audio, but I will test it with the onboard first.

Comment

Originally posted by iqb View Post
                Are you going to run everything through an amp? Also, a suggestion I have is to perhaps put in a line-in input jack for your ipod etc.
                My first plan was to integrate mic, pw switch (auto, on, off), usb, TFT IR, TFT autodimmer,...

But there it wasn't really clear for me, how less space on the front I really have! And I found it wouldn't look so professional, also because it's really difficult to make professional looking buttons (rounded, printed and iluminated).

So I will install my usb in the glove box, my sensors somewhere invisible and the pw switch I don't know at time...

Concerning line-in jack, I don't like them very much and I can't understand why the ipod and other players don't support bluetooth audio streaming, my cell phone does! But some time the ipot will also do...

Comment

Stop with the 3d sims and get the thing built That looks pretty
                  My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                  NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Since this is not a completed project, I'm moving it to Worklogs.
                    When it's completed, it can always be moved back for show-off purposes.
                    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
                    X