MoboMan's 97 chev astro cargo van

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoboMan's 97 chev astro cargo van

I recently started on my project. I have RAAMAtt that covers the floor and am starting to do the sides. I have filled the back doors, side door, and most of the holes in the van with great stuff expanding foam.

Other cars:
    1971 Honda 600 (I have 3 parts cars if anyone needs parts )
    2002 Olds Intrigue - Bose sound system, not getting replaced
    2007 Chev Express - it has a Pioneer Avic-z2

To Do List:
    Finish covering inside with sound matt
    Install a computer monitor in custom console
    Make permanent boxes to house rear speakers nicely
    Install a deep cycle batter and isolator

Carputer specs: Intel D101GLY, 1GB RAM, Garmin USB 18 GPS, Samsung 80GB 2.5" PATA HDD, Samsung 5.25" DVD Burner, M2-ATX, WinXP Pro, Road Runner + Digital FX2

Current Stereo: JBL GTO301.1 II | Alpine MRP-F550 | MTX 12" thunder T5512-44 sub in a MTX BS112S enclosure | Alpine SPR-69C | Alpine SPR-17S | Legacy 1.6 Farad Cap
    My Worklog
    I'm using my carputer 100%, but I still need to make it easier to use.

Stereo pictures:
    Here is my almost finished amprack, currently in the basement

here is the amprack installed in the van

here is my sub, the grill is a spinner

Type R door speakers, they sound pretty decent.

Sound Deadening Pics:
    license plate frame kit

first few sheets down

Duct tape covers over mat to keep the black junk off your clothes

Wheel Wells, they took for ever and look horible :

My Worklog

Comment

Tint was installed by Eclipse window tinting in Cincy, OH. My new camera came today, a Olympus stylus 820.

#35 on the front
      Limo on the rears
      My Worklog

Comment

...am I seeing this correctly?

If so, awesome, don't mess this up!!!

2006 Mazda 3
        Behringer DCX-2496
        JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
        JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

Thanks,
          I've put a lot of work into my carputer this weekend. I am still looking into a monitor. I do not know if I want to use a around 17-19" flatscreen in a center console or if I want to go in dash touch screen.

I have my carpc on the bench right now. I'm working on setting up the kx project right now.
          My Worklog

Comment

I had my carpc in my car last night. It consumes about 2.5amps @12v. I was testing the gps reception and the sound blaster's ability to control my amps.
            My Worklog

Comment

Here is my carputer, it is now built in the case I am going to use. The power wire coming out is for my monitor, monitor is a 17" Neovo. It runs on 12v. The power in is a normal computer power plug.

Assembled, ready to go.

Back of case:

[email protected], idle:

[email protected], playing DVD:

CarPC in van:

Movie playing:
              My Worklog

Comment

Inside the case:

I had to make a place to put the power supply. What better spot than mounted directly above mobo?

2 holes needed to be drilled and tapped to hold 2 standoffs for the m2:
                My Worklog

Comment

So what do you think so far? There is still a lot of stuff that needs doing such as building my center console and rear speaker boxes.
                  My Worklog

Comment

Today I added more deadening and put in a new piece of plywood.

Now I need to figure out where I am going to put everything now that I have everything ready, I need a layout.

Here is what it looks like inside now. (the pioneers belong in my Honda 600 as well as the JVC Head Unit, I am borrowing them because the Honda does not run yet.)

My Worklog

Comment

I need some nice wheels too! I cant decide if I want chrome or black though.
                      Ordered Electric Life window kits, I got 2 switches for driver's door and 1 switch for the passenger door.
                      My Worklog

Comment

Here we go, converting manual to power windows. Might not be carputer related, but still worth putting here.

Old regulator vs. new electric one(The old regulator is the black one.)

Deadening for the door:

Here is the deadening just for the mirror:
                        My Worklog

Comment

Cincy Represent.... would you be up for a meet someday?!
                          Ohio County #31... Hamilton
                          My OLD carputer page
                          My NEW carPC

Via Epia M10000, 512 PC2100, Opus 150, 8" lilly touch, 320 GB 7200 WD Caviar

Comment

ya, a meet someday would be great. Are there more people in the cincinnati area that have carputers? I know a few people that have seen my setup and would like to have a carputer.

What I'd currently like to do is build a bench seat between the wheel wells. Then I'll put subs under the seat. I'm working on a speaker box to hold 4 6x9's from the roof, for rear fill.
                            I want to have a spare battery or 2.

Amazing how this van went from holding me over till the new TDI Jettas come out into such a project. .
                            My Worklog

Comment

I'm working on building a custom speaker box for the rear of the van. It will house 4 6x9's. I think I have everything to build it. My uncle is a carpenter and he is out of town, so I will wait until he is back to begin assembly.

Here are some pictures of the materials:
                              3/4" mdf, 3 bookshelvs, 2 8'1", 1 6'
                              5lb acusta-stuff polyfill.
                              Liquid Nails sealer, deck screws, wood glue, l brackets, more screws.

I still need some box covering.

Here is the speaker template from Alpine:

MDF:

Polyfill:

My Worklog

Comment

Working...
                              X