1993 ford ranger Regular cab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 ford ranger Regular cab

Well I have st started the process of installing a PC into my new(to me at least) truck and thought I would get some thoughts on the screen location so here are some pics

Thanks for looking
    Attached Files

sorry for the delays guys here are pic of the test fit of the LCD just did it this evening I have the system build and will be installing it in a couple of days I will post pics of it soon

Comment

How's it coming? I'm curious as to where you're placing the computer and any periphials, as I got a '90 Regular Cab as well

Comment

I will post some pic in a day or two as the remodeling of the house has kept me away fromt eh PC.

as to where i put the pc i picjed up a old house alarm box and used that behind the drivers seat is a perfect fit I will get a couple pic taken and post them as soon as i can

Comment

What the heck is the speaker behind/beneath the gear shift?

Did you install that yourself, cause I don't recall that being on my brother-in-law's Ranger.

Comment

LOL that was wear I had set it when i took the pic that was one of the blown speakers i removed from the mounts behind the seats

Comment

here are the pics of the box installed i will get wsome more after the holidays in the bos is the m2 the motherboard a wifi router 2 usb hubs and 2 harddisks.
              Attached Files

Comment

If you got a list of parts and more pics thatd be much help since I might do one in my truck. Now that I got a GPS for christmas i'll wait a little longer

Comment

well the list of parts was fairly simple I used a FlexATX motherboard running a 866P3 with 1GB ram a M2-ATX for power a 4GA amp install kit(already had one from another project) a 7in touchscreen the wireless router is simply there as I do alot of tech calls in areas without High speed internet and it allows me to easily share my cellphone net connection without having to install software and drivers into clients PCs I will get hardware pic posted some time tomorrow oh and 2 4port USB hubs

Comment

here are the pics of the start of the install when i first started with the dash

starting to cut the hole

here are the rest

ok here are some pics of the lcd being molded in would love to get some of you guys thoughs on it I hope to get it primed in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by yonu View Post
                      ok here are some pics of the lcd being molded in would love to get some of you guys thoughs on it I hope to get it primed in the morning
                      Looks pretty good.

Comment

here are couple of pics of the inside of the case I will get some better ones taken when I pull it out as well as I hope to get some pics of the bevel primed it looks pretty good mabe this evening

Comment

Here are some pics of the first primer still have some more sanding and all to do but it came out better than i thought

Comment

Here is a better picture if the last 2 I hope to get some of you fab gurus thoughts on it thus far
                            Here is a pic of the second sanding and and filling I figure I have about 2 more thoughups to go to get it where I want it

Comment

well here is the last coat of black primer all applied

here is the full view after I applied regular grey primer

Here is a close up of the screen molding

since everything here is closed today I will go tomorrow and have the paint mixed to match my interior

Comment

Working...
                              X