Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Lincoln Town Car (here we go)

This is the before shot of the Dash.

Now that all the parts have all arrived, except for the wiring harness it's time to get started.

Received the custom chassis today.

Ordered from forum member blk02si. (Great work and great thread check it out LINK I then proceeded to take apart the screen to mount it to the Metra Kit. As it turns out the new Xenarc has been changed and it now only has two connectors on it when you take it apart.

One for the speaker which we no longer need and one for the screen back light. All of the electronics are now on one board. This will complicate matters as there is little flexibility to the ribbon cable that is attached to the screen.

Here is the screen trim mounted to the Metra Trim Kit.

Still needs filling sanding filling sanding and so on, you know the routine and then paint. Now if I could only find the matching paint!

Next: I have to make some brackets to hold the screen PC board.
    If you can dream it you can build it ( I think )
    Build File

This is the Motherboard with the processor. 1 Gb Ram on the underside.

Build File

Comment

Kit

Please tell me how to buy the kit you bought for your Town Car. I have a 1999 model that I would love to add this too.

Thank you,

Rocco

Comment

Originally posted by rcouts View Post
        Please tell me how to buy the kit you bought for your Town Car. I have a 1999 model that I would love to add this too.

Thank you,

Rocco
        Rocco, there is no "KIT", I purchased the chassis from forum member blk02si. He made the chassis from a CAD drawing that I made. The "KIT" is simply a METRA double DIN Dash kit # 95-5810. You can check online for a specific unit for your car at hxxp://www.metraonline.com. I believe Circut city sells the METRA Kits as well. Don't go buy the number that I gave you since I know there have been changes since 99.

Check out the link I gave in the above post that refers to the thread that I learned a lot from. It will take quite a bit of reading but it is well worth it.
        Build File

Comment

Just an update test fit of the screen. Not functioning yet but its coming along. Need to paint and work out a few details.

Build File

Comment

looks good - with a lincoln themed skin it'll look like it came from the factory like that. great job!

Comment

What motherboard is that?

Rafster
              Post # 3000

Comment

I think there is currently only 1 pico board out at the moment isn't there?
                Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster View Post
                  What motherboard is that?

Rafster
                  Motherboard is VIA-EPIA-PX-PX10000G-PICO-ITX. Man its small. It's almost the size of my PDA. It's running RR with Digital FX with the Lincoln spinning logo. Looks pretty cool. Will post more will likely run out of free time before Xmas though.

Build File

Comment

Looking awesome csurfer!

Let us know how that Pico Board runs.

Post some pics of how you have the hardware mounted also, Im quite curious how these pico boards are wired.

Def looks like it came that way from the factory. Once my buddy with the Towncar sees this thread I believe he will be hooked into making one
                    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Originally posted by blk02si View Post
                      Looking awesome csurfer!

Let us know how that Pico Board runs.

Post some pics of how you have the hardware mounted also, Im quite curious how these pico boards are wired.

Def looks like it came that way from the factory. Once my buddy with the Towncar sees this thread I believe he will be hooked into making one
                      Thanks Joe!
                      Still lots of work to go. Can't do much until the weather warms up. I afraid of breaking clips etc. in these cold temperatures.
                      Build File

Comment

After lots of trial and tribulations It's finally ready to go into the car. The Pico board is amazing. Running Digital FX 4.0 Skin in Roadrunner. CPU Load is still acceptable even while playing a DVD. Install will be this week. Finally!

Here is my layout.

Screen Mounted, This was the biggest challenge due to the 2008 screen.

Pico Board mounted

Showing underside with the IDE/ CF adapter mounted

Had to cut a slot into the mounting plate to bring up the IDE Cable.

Hard Drive and powersupply installed and ready to fire it up for the first time.

Mounting of the DVD / External USB / SD Card reader, It's not an ashtray anymore

Operating system install, using the big monitor for now to install software etc.

Here it is booted in the Roadrunner with the Digital FX4 skin

Iguidence 4 running

DVD Movie Playing, Yeh I know it's Elvis, It was just happend to be the one I grabbed.

Ok, it's back to getting this into the car now.
                        Build File

Comment

Bezel and DVDRW integration looks clean. I like.

I see the 9 month gap in between posts. Ran into major problems?
                          ---------------------------------------
                          2004 350Z Install - Click here to see my install
                          Software: Windows XP MCE / Roadrunner / iGuidance 3.0
                          Hardware: Asus A7N8X Deluxe / Athlon XP Barton (Underclocked) / 512MB RAM / WD 320GB / Lilliput 629

Comment

looking really good. Definitely going to look 100% OEM, specially to those that don't know. Will be funny to see their faces when you first boot it up or drop out of RR and show a windows desktop, their jaws will drop lol.
                            2005 Ford F-350 crew cab 4x4 6.0L SRW LWB

Planning:
                            [|||||||||-] 95%
                            Parts Aquisition:
                            [||||||----] 60%
                            Install:
                            [|||||||||-] 90%

Finally getting Built

Comment

Wow, Looking great csurfer! Everything appears to be solid, nice work. Chassis looks great also

9 months is pretty good, from conception to actual working, stable product. Get some shots when you have it in the car. Man that Pico really gives you some extra room..
                              Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Working...
                              X