2001 Porsche Boxster S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Porsche Boxster S

This is my Boxster S.. I pick it up on a friday, I had it a full three weeks before I was hit on that friday. The guys insurrance company didnt total the car. So I pretty much lost all resell value. Is open up the option to mod the car. And so it has begain...
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Boxster S

before and after the reck

I now hate Toyota Highlanders... But at lease the old guy had insurrance
    The last pic is my car at the bodyshop, and no thats not me in the pic.
    Attached Files
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Boxster S

Comment

Bringing the car back to life

This took a very long process, anything that could've slow down this process, happen.
      Most of the headaches came for the guy's insurrance company. They argued with the
      bodyshop about the timing of the project. insurrance company said that it should've
      taken a week to fix this problem. a week... the car received minor frame damage... one
      week to fix... right... the part that made me and the bodyshop want to shoot the
      insurrance company was, the claims adjuster, who said after everything that this car
      should've been totaled.
      Attached Files
      2001 Boxster S
      2003 Boxster S

Comment

It's alive!!!

Finally! The car came back for the frame shops. Thats not a typo. The car had been to
        TWO frame shops. The first place had the car for two weeks and they could'nt bend
        the frame at all. I had the car shipped out to the local Porsche Dealership. After two
        weeks there. the car was true once again. By this time I made contact with two
        reputable companies in CA for my new front end and sheet metal. By this time
        I also realized that costumizing Porsche's are limited when compared to my Chevy (will show in next post.)
        Attached Files
        2001 Boxster S
        2003 Boxster S

Comment

Back to the Porsche

pic 1- With the bumper installed, its was time to start upgrading my audio.

pic 2- The circle is where the cd changer was. After riding with a laptop for about 3 weeks,
          I don't think I want to use one for a carpc. So I plan to use a desktop pc here. The
          big x is the OEM amp. I have a Pioneer amp laying around that I will use.

pic 3- I have a relay rocker switch for the monitor. I will move it up to where the dummy
          switch1 is. The second switch will be use for powering the pc. I waiting for my connect
          to come through for me with the OEM rocker switches.

pic 4- The OEM speakers, amp, and the spare tire arm. all was replaced

pic 5- plan to hide my ipod here
          Attached Files
          2001 Boxster S
          2003 Boxster S

Comment

Done with the audio... almost

The Audio setup:
            head unit- DEH-P860MP
            iPod Adapter- CD-IB100
            Aux Adapter-CD-RB20
            Amp- GM-6200F
            Speakers- Pro50

pic1- I moved the ac from the din #1 to din# 4. I just put the tray in Din1 just for the pic.
            I need to get the trim for the ac now.

pic2- This is a pic of my cd-ib100 and the cd-rb20. The shot is under the center console.

pic3/4- The Gm-6200 is in the trunk. The problem I had was the spare tire arm (4'') was to
            short. I had to replace the arm with a longer arm (6")

pic 5- a blury shot of the pro 50 in the door. They fit fine,no modding needed.
            Attached Files
            2001 Boxster S
            2003 Boxster S

Comment

PC mod the beginning...

Pic1- The iPod mod1. The head unit controls this line. #1 is a usb PS2 controler input port.

Pic2- The iPod mod2. #1 is the touch screen remote controller. #2 Head unit remote
              controller. #3 Mini keyboard. #4 iPod1 is controlled by the head unit. #5 iPod2 is
              controlled by pc #6 This is only a jacket for one of my iPod's but I placed it there
              because this is where my ppc-6800(phone) goes.

Pic3/4- This was a nightmare rewiring this system. Din1 will house the touch screen.
              Din2 will house the headunit

Pic5- Two usb 2.0 sticks, 4usb on each one. This is tucked under the console.
              Attached Files
              2001 Boxster S
              2003 Boxster S

Comment

The head unit

Pic1- I Uploaded a Porsche logo movie to the head unit.

Pic2- I perfer my monitor to be up where I can see it and the road. I looked a quinrod incredible build. I tried his placement, but in the end, this works for me the best.

Pic3- This is a Photoshop of what my setup looks like at night. (i will take a real night shot)
                Attached Files
                2001 Boxster S
                2003 Boxster S

Comment

Replacing the E Brake

Somehow the controller for the convertible is connected through the e brake. In order to replace the e brake switch you have to remove the center console.
                  Attached Files
                  2001 Boxster S
                  2003 Boxster S

Comment

Cleaning up old wiring

While the center console was off I reran some wires. I wanted a cleaner look.
                    1. E Brake
                    2. Taped the Ipod wires because the e brake would sometime lock on top of it.
                    Attached Files
                    2001 Boxster S
                    2003 Boxster S

Comment

more pics

Attached Files
                      2001 Boxster S
                      2003 Boxster S

Comment

more pics

almost done
                        the circled box is another usb hub.
                        I realized that the carpc needed more room for expansion.
                        Attached Files
                        2001 Boxster S
                        2003 Boxster S

Comment

New Rocker Switches

New rocker switches came in the other day.
                          Attached Files
                          2001 Boxster S
                          2003 Boxster S

Comment

These rocker switches will control my camera, monitor, and inverter
                            2001 Boxster S
                            2003 Boxster S

Comment

Looks great!

Keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X