2007 Ford Focus Linux Car Computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Ford Focus Linux Car Computer

Here is the setup that I am working on putting into my Focus. First I am going to list parts as I get them and post pictures of various aspects of the projects, for the benefit of those that would also want to undertake the task of modding their car.

Hardware ... so far
    Stereo Input: Aux input to factory installed stereo PAC AAI-FRD04-AUX
    Hard Disk: Western Digital Scorpio WD1200BEVS 120GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 1.5Gb/s
    Memory: CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400
    GPS: Old SiRF NMEA receiver
    IR remote - Microsoft A9O-00007 WinXP Media Center Infrared Remote Control

Software ....
    Operating System - Mythbuntu 7.10 (but waiting for 8.04)
    Main Application - Mythtv (included in Mythbuntu)

This is the list of parts that I have so far. I have chosen to go the aux input route and have a separate display for the video. The main reason, is that if I leave the dash as "factory original", then I will not attract unwanted attention. I'm not sure where I am going to put the display, but I will post photos for that when I find a good location.

I will post photos of the progress that I have made so far... when i resize them. Overall I am excited to get this project under way, and get it finished soon.
    "Stupid anti-pimpin laws" -Bender

Hello,

Please keep us posted. I have a 2008 Ford Focus that I'm looking to setting up a Car PC. I'm in the same boat where I do not want to remove the original factory radio.

Thanks,

Blkraven74

Comment

Mythbuntu Front End

How is your MythTV front end install going?

Comment

Update Mythbuntu 8.10

Ok I know that i have not posted anything new or at least an update on my setup. Not much has changed. I have switched to Mythbuntu as my OS of choice. I have added a AT&T 3G dongle for internet access ( but may update this in the near future). I also added a USB Bluetooth dongle. Once I get some photos, I will post them of my current setup.
        "Stupid anti-pimpin laws" -Bender

Comment

Originally posted by antman View Post
          Ok I know that i have not posted anything new or at least an update on my setup. Not much has changed. I have switched to Mythbuntu as my OS of choice. I have added a AT&T 3G dongle for internet access ( but may update this in the near future). I also added a USB Bluetooth dongle. Once I get some photos, I will post them of my current setup.
          hey man , can u tell where did u bought the usb dongle for the original car radio ?

Comment

do u know where can u buy a bluetooth dongle for the original ford focus 2007car radio ?

Comment

Working...
            X