Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Durango SLT / Project HiJackZX1 / 56K= [email protected] this $h!+ is gonna load slow!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Durango SLT / Project HiJackZX1 / 56K= [email protected] this $h!+ is gonna load slow!

The PLAN:

Was to create a super multimedia system that can trash any luxury car in features. Also to give all passengers something to do. I also wanted superior sound quality. The install had to be OEM looking, which was a challenge with all the [email protected] I have smushed into this truck. I hope that you guys like how I did things, and comment if there is something I can do better.

The COMPONENTS:

New Hardware list coming soon!

Fact you should know:

The Durango is based on the Jeep Grand Cherokee platform.... To get to the back you flip a lever and a seat in the middle row tumbles forward to allow the 3rd row passengers to go in and out.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

USB Devices:

------------------------------
    ON BOARD PORTS
    ------------------------------
    1) GPS / IO Panel
    2) Broadband Card / MB Header
    3) 7 Port Hub 1 / IO Panel
    4) 7 Port Hub 2 / IO Panel
    5) 7 Port Hub 3 / IO Panel
    6) 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound Card / MB Header
    7) Mo-Co-So BT Dongle / MB Header
    8) N/B/G Wifi Card / IO Panel
    9) Card Reader / MB Header
    10) Ethernet to USB / MB Header
    11) TPMS / IO Panel
    12) IDE to USB adapter / MB Header

-----------------------------
    7 Port Hub 1 (powered)
    -----------------------------
    1) KVMP 1 / Touchscreen 1 / Keyboard 1
    2) KVMP 2 / Touchscreen 2 / Keyboard 2
    3) KVMP 3 / Touchscreen 3 / Keyboard 3
    4) KVMP 4 / Touchscreen 4 / Keyboard 4
    5) KVMP 5 / Touchscreen 5 / Keyboard 5
    6) KVMP 6 / Touchscreen 6 / Keyboard 6
    7) USB Relay

---------------------------
    7 Port Hub 2 (powered)
    ---------------------------
    1) Mitch's Audio Selector
    2) Windows Media Remote
    3) Touchscreen
    4) PPC
    5) 4 Port Serial to USB
    6) TV Tuner Card
    7) Hi-Fi IR reciever

--------------------------
    7 Port Hub 3 (powered)
    --------------------------
    1) User Port 1
    2) User Port 2
    3) User Port 3
    4) User Port 4
    5) User Port 5
    6) User Port 6
    7) (Unusable)

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Well today I cut the holes in the secondary dash (the dash area underneath the dash plate), and I ended up not having to cut the defrost ducts like I thought I would. Infact the cuts are right next to the ducts, if I would have been even 1 cm off I would have cut into the ducts. I have tons of room to put the electronics. I managed to find a company that sells a 12 inch ZIF jumper cable for the video ribbon, but the y want $25.00 per cable and I need 2. I told them that was a rip off and if they could lower the cost since I got two 8 inch for $6.35 each. Lets see what they say.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

hahahahahaha, you go Jack - nice to see you back here man

I just got Dynatron 660 which I was waiting on to complete my bazel - pictures will follow soon
        [-------------] Hardware Status
        [-------------] Software Status
        [-------------] Fabrication Status

Comment

Originally posted by Nermin View Post
          hahahahahaha, you go Jack - nice to see you back here man

I just got Dynatron 660 which I was waiting on to complete my bazel - pictures will follow soon
          HEHE, thanks for resubscribing.... I figured rather then make my worklog a day by day thing, I would just do it towards the end of my build. Im waiting on a welder to create a support frame for my 15 inch.... Turns out it will cause my roof to sag. Problem is he has to find a way to do it with taking up space so the AC vent ducts can go back up. Also all the electronics that were supposed to be hidden in the roof, had to be moved down, so it means I had to extend everything. I still have to find a place on the wire connection board for the TPMS board, which I got yesterday. If I want to add anything in the future, it is impossible. I have used up all my room, but as a note, I think I have installed just about everything when it comes to the car PC market, lol.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I hear you man - keep on going!
            [-------------] Hardware Status
            [-------------] Software Status
            [-------------] Fabrication Status

Comment

I wonder -- some cars come with dual visors; maybe there's a way to find a Dodge setup like that and transplant it. Or perhaps run two completely separate sets of visors: one for sun and one for fun.
              If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html

Comment

Originally posted by rdholtz View Post
                I wonder -- some cars come with dual visors; maybe there's a way to find a Dodge setup like that and transplant it. Or perhaps run two completely separate sets of visors: one for sun and one for fun.
                See the only issue with that is that the EBY701s are to thick. If they were thin, then a dual visor setup would work.... I know this new idea is way more work, but Im hoping I can have a professional do it. The only hurtle I can see is that there are 2 intact vents on the corners and the ducts run along the top of the dash on the inside, i may have to relocate them.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                4X MK808b
                3x Perixx Touchpads
                3x 7 inch Screens
                1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Nice build so far. Ur budget is exactly where mine is lol.. .I guess there is no way to map out a decent budget.
                  ~The Build Process Begins~
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/newb...you-think.html

~The Build Process Ends~
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...completed.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bxsteez View Post
                    Nice build so far. Ur budget is exactly where mine is lol.. .I guess there is no way to map out a decent budget.
                    No there isnt, especially if your a Techno Sexual and have to have everythingggggg, lol. I think that when designing a Car PC, you take your figure, then times it by 3, and that is what you will spend. I only have 2 more things to spend money on, and thats the redo of my seat, which is about $100.00 or less since i did most of the work already, and the dash front and top, which is going to be alot since the top screens have to be done from scratch....

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                    4X MK808b
                    3x Perixx Touchpads
                    3x 7 inch Screens
                    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                      No there isnt, especially if your a Techno Sexual and have to have everythingggggg, lol. I think that when designing a Car PC, you take your figure, then times it by 3, and that is what you will spend. I only have 2 more things to spend money on, and thats the redo of my seat, which is about $100.00 or less since i did most of the work already, and the dash front and top, which is going to be alot since the top screens have to be done from scratch....
                      Yea i thought i had everything till i saw your build lol... I have to pay for most my fabrication so thats whats been kicking my cost up. The electrical stuff i've been able to handle so far at least but then again my comp isn't even up and working since i don't have my motherboard yet.
                      ~The Build Process Begins~
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/newb...you-think.html

~The Build Process Ends~
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...completed.html

Comment

Hey HijackZX1,

Glad to see your making good progress, looks like you'll be done (or close to it) in time for the meet.

Sorry to double post (also posted on the ps3 keyboard thread) here's the answer to your question about using autohotkey for volume

The script below is an example but it remaps volume control,mute/unute to f5,f6,f7 this should work for you, just change the f keys (functions keys) to the corresponding keys on your handheld laser pointer.

f5::Send {Volume_Down}
                        f6::Send {Volume_Up}
                        f7::Send {Volume_Mute}
                        My Install

Comment

Originally posted by Kimota View Post
                          Hey HijackZX1,

Glad to see your making good progress, looks like you'll be done (or close to it) in time for the meet.

Sorry to double post (also posted on the ps3 keyboard thread) here's the answer to your question about using autohotkey for volume

The script below is an example but it remaps volume control,mute/unute to f5,f6,f7 this should work for you, just change the f keys (functions keys) to the corresponding keys on your handheld laser pointer.

f5::Send {Volume_Down}
                          f6::Send {Volume_Up}
                          f7::Send {Volume_Mute}
                          Thanks Kimota, I forgot all about that post.... now I dont have to remember were it was, just go to my work log. I am really hoping I can go to the meet. I am having some other set backs with work, family and finacial issues, so I am hoping I will be somewhat done and able to attend the meet. I really wanted to at least have the seat and PC done.... The dash I know im going to have to wait on, since its really pricey since its so custum.

Yea i thought i had everything till i saw your build lol... I have to pay for most my fabrication so thats whats been kicking my cost up. The electrical stuff i've been able to handle so far at least but then again my comp isn't even up and working since i don't have my motherboard yet.
                          I have the same issue, I was at least going to try to do the seat, but I said no, I dont want it to look [email protected] I did make the mounting bracket for the PC, I even went and found the same fabric to match the seat so that when I take the seat to be done, all they have to do is stitch it up, no material for them to charge me more for. The dash on the other hand, as stated above is custum, and I cant do it. For the front of the dash I was quoted $150.00 which is OK, but for the top, its about $250 to $450.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                          4X MK808b
                          3x Perixx Touchpads
                          3x 7 inch Screens
                          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Sorry about posting in the other thread...

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                            Tell me were it says not to. If you look under your car you will notice a ton of electrical wiring wrapped in split loom. If you notice alot of it is thicker guage wire. When I took apart my interior to run audio wire, there was not one wire above under 16 guage except the ground points. Abviously they did that for a reason. So why on earth would i run a thick 4 guage wire through the inside? I dont like having to worry about crimps and other fire hazards. There isnt really anything under the car to catch fire because its all metal.

PS: Can we please focus back on question, if you want to discuss my cabling techniques then do it in my worklog, dont steer this one to a subject that it isnt inteaded for.
                            I personally wouldn't risk putting the power cable to the elements like that. If you run over something that can yank on it and rip at it, cause a short and some bad problems (ie... fire). I would just be very careful in ensuring that it is completely snug against the chassis. It just makes me uneasy because the chassis is your ground point and to run it along that scares me, personally...

You make a good point in that there is nothing to really catch fire underneath, but dont be too certain with a fuel tank, greases and oils down there.

Comment

Originally posted by roflcopter View Post
                              Sorry about posting in the other thread...

I personally wouldn't risk putting the power cable to the elements like that. If you run over something that can yank on it and rip at it, cause a short and some bad problems (ie... fire). I would just be very careful in ensuring that it is completely snug against the chassis. It just makes me uneasy because the chassis is your ground point and to run it along that scares me, personally...

You make a good point in that there is nothing to really catch fire underneath, but dont be too certain with a fuel tank, greases and oils down there.
                              It cool. Sorry if I come off as a @$$, I get testy when people ask why i do things the way I do.

Now that i am calm, i'll explain myself better. My truck uses 2 AMP kits, because one wasnt long enough. It goes from the battery to a fuse, from the fuse to a heavy duty circuit breaker and 2 more heavy fuses. From this circuit breaker it turns into 8 guage wire which is under the carpet to the passenger seat underneath which powers the PC. This first half of my setup is setup in a way that it cannot snag on anything. It is so closely tied to the frame. The second half though (which is the wire you see) Is strictly for my Sub AMP and the smaller red wire is for my rear cam. This wire does have to be redone. I was in a hurry to install it. Once I start on my 3rd redo of the CarPC (yes sadly number 3) This wire will be rerun closer to the body and out of sight. Right now I dont worry about snags because the truck is very high up, it doesnt look high up because I have the side skirts that make the truck look lower. I would have to run over a HUGEEEEE object for that wire to be even touched alittle. I am going to be dropping my truck really low and adding a sports body kit, so that wire will most def have to be redone.

Also on a side not, just about anything can snag under the car. Which includes fuel lines, etc, it seems to be something rare.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                              4X MK808b
                              3x Perixx Touchpads
                              3x 7 inch Screens
                              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                              X