No announcement yet.

'95 Nissan Maxima GLE

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '95 Nissan Maxima GLE

Well, this is my first post, but I figured I'd start a worklog.

Here's what I'm working with:
    1995 Nissan Maxima GLE

(I blew up that Sony 10", have an Alpine Type-R now...)

I've actually got a decent system already installed, (got rid of that Bose nonsense... Infinity is better...) I don't have pictures though. Anyway, I'm removing my spare tire and installing a custom pc box flush into the floor of my trunk with an acrylic top. (for showing off, haha) I'll be taking out my current HU and replacing it with a 7" lili touchscreen, ala the mp3car store.

I built the box and the new floor board last night and finished building the pc. I'll update with more pictures tomorrow, after installing it.

Everyone says I'm crazy for doing this to a car with 200k miles on it, but I love my car and I love my computers.. so why not?

I'll be back on Saturday... wish me luck...

"Will fix computer for food..."

Some pictures...

I've the computer in and working. I'm amazed with the sound quality; I've still got to finish setting up my radio and bluetooth though. Working 15 hours a day is no way to get a project done.

Check it out!

(Those amps are being replaced by the newest Infinity amps in a month... along with the new Kappa 12")

(This isn't my permanent placement for these....)

I've got a little bit more work to do to the faceplate, it's a little rough looking, and there are two gaps that go around the bottom of the screen. Also, the screen really isn't dark, the picture was taken at night and the flash messes the picture up. The screen is still completely visible during the day, I was amazed!

Overall, though, I think that for my first build I'm doing pretty well.

"Will fix computer for food..."