altima 2005 newbie projet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• altima 2005 newbie projet

So i'm new to this place and I was in between 2 choice plug and play all-in one dvd with touch screen at the cost of 700-1000$ and the carpc so when with the computer porjet so were is my plan.

desktop computer spec

Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz (2800MHz) 512KB cache CPU with 800MHz Front-side Bus (upgradable)
    512MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM (Dell Brand) (2GB maximum memory)
    40GB SATA Hard Drive
    Intel i865G Chipset w/ICH5 Input/Output Controller

Intel Pro/1000 Ethernet (gigabit) with Wake on Lan
    1 x PS/2 Keyboard & 1 PS/2 Mouse Port
    8 x USB 2.0 Ports (2 Front & 6 Rear)
    1 x External VGA Monitor Port
    2 x full height, half length, 32-bit PCI 2.2 Slots
    ADI1981B SoundMAX Cadenza AC97 2.3 Audio

I will add some more memory to this machine.

I have purchase a use touch screen 8''
    all ready have a usb gps

so i'm there for the moment

all sugestion are welcome and sorry for my writting i'm french

ok so computer if now format and all most ready to start to install the software.

Since I'm new to this what do you suggest to install on this carputer. I what to run GPS, music, Web, DVD, Movie, OBDII and Xm radio in the future.

And I have start the custom fabrication of the bezel for the screen I will post some pic tonight.

Comment

The most popular packages seem to be Centrafuse and RoadRunner (RideRunner). I found RR a bit tough to configure. Centrafuse has been sweet, so far.

You'll need an OBDII reader to get the signal from vehicle to computer. There are cheapo knockoffs for $20, but it's best to read in the forums before you waste money on too-cheap stuff.
      If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html

Comment

Ride Runner/Road Runner

If you are looking for freeware that will do all that you ask, Ride Runner is the way to go. Formally called Road Runner Ride Runner is a program that runs as a front end allowing you to customize a skin or use another authors to control just about everything you could think of.
        Go to [HL]http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/front-ends/[/HL] to look at the various front ends. There is tons of support for Ride Runner and the designers frequent the threads.
        Unofficial inventor, engineer, mad man with dreams of world domination!!! Save your money give me your ladies or...........a pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by rdholtz View Post
          The most popular packages seem to be Centrafuse and RoadRunner (RideRunner). I found RR a bit tough to configure. Centrafuse has been sweet, so far.

You'll need an OBDII reader to get the signal from vehicle to computer. There are cheapo knockoffs for $20, but it's best to read in the forums before you waste money on too-cheap stuff.
          so you say that centrafuse is much more frendly user then road runner.

For the obdII reader it's a other think

Comment

Originally posted by FouFF View Post
            so you say that centrafuse is much more frendly user then road runner.
            It all depends on your personal preferences. I think the advantage for me was that CF has just one installation and tweaking, instead of having to pull together many disparate parts. RR is really do-it-yourself software, so it fits with the desires of a lot of the MP3Car users. For those who like to program and do software tweaking, RR is neat, highly flexible stuff. I like to build mechanical things, but I like my software more polished and intuitive, so CF is the one for me.

2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html

Comment

thank I will take a look but I when on the site and CF is only a 30 day trial?

Comment

Originally posted by FouFF View Post
                thank I will take a look but I when on the site and CF is only a 30 day trial?
                Yes, CF has a 30-day free trial, or you can buy now at half price of $62.50, or $125 with iGuidance navigation; the regular prices are double those. Now, those prices assume you're in the USA; you said you're French, but you didn't give a location, so I don't know what the deal is for other countries.

Click on "Try It Now" and download the manual to get a pretty good tour of the product. Once you have a carPC to put it on, download the trial and see what you think.

You can also download RR for free. There's a huge community to support it. I think there's a month's worth of reading just to get through the forums on it.

Comment

ok so here is some picture

the original set-up in my car

here is were my monitor will be place

and the final before the paint

Comment

Working...
                  X