Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 Honda Civic CRX / Project Abeille ZX2 / My Future Car PC Project!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Honda Civic CRX / Project Abeille ZX2 / My Future Car PC Project!

This morning I was driving to work in HiJackZX1 and the gas light came on, again. I then came to the conclusion that in the future I will have to get a more fuel efficient car. With me being broke though, I cant buy a new car, nor do I really want one. I have to have a Car PC in this bad boy, but it will be very, very simple. It will only do basic things, not the complication like the HiJackZX1. Simple audio setup in a 4.1 configuration, GPS, WiFi, Sprint Internet, and single screen setup.

I decided to try to find a Honda Civic CRX. It has always been a small car that I am fond of. As a teen my friend had a CRX with turbo and everything. I was amazed how a small car could throw you into the back of your seat and handle very very well. The other reason is that the car gets really good gas mileage. I have read about 30-35 city and about 50 highway. To say, that is awesome. I will try to get the last year make, which I think was 1991. This of course is a far off project that I may get after I pay my Ford Focus off (my parents drive that car now and I have no interest in it). Most CRX go for about $4,000.00 and under. I am sure I can go lower though.

Expect to see this updated in the future!
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

It seems 56k friendly right now
    FAQ to the FAQ - Great Starting Point

My 2006 Honda Accord Carputer - Work In Progress
    My 1997 Chrysler Concorde Carputer - Died

Comment

Tease!
      2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
      Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
      Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
      The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

Comment

Originally posted by jpinkerton View Post
        It seems 56k friendly right now
        I think I will edit that out until I finish the HiJack, then start this project.

Originally posted by colin View Post
        Tease!
        Teasing is fun, well actually its only fun in bed..... LMFAO

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
          Teasing is fun, well actually its only fun in bed..... LMFAO
          So you figure we're reading this in bed?
          If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html

Comment

Originally posted by rdholtz View Post
            So you figure we're reading this in bed?
            HAHAHAHAHA, either your not perverted like me or your being funny.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

There were three different engines available in the CRX, the HF was the fuel economy version (lightweight, small wheels, like 68HP) which is probably the fuel economy you are thinking of. The standard version and the Si both get heavier and nicer, and won't hit 50MPG. Plus even in a car that isn't much over 2000 lbs, the ~110HP of the Si isn't a lot, figure with any engine swap/mods for more power you are looking at around 30MPG combined as a best case, 35 if you are lucky. So yes it still beats a Durango, but there will be no tossing you back in your seat if you want 50MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by strikeback03 View Post
                There were three different engines available in the CRX, the HF was the fuel economy version (lightweight, small wheels, like 68HP) which is probably the fuel economy you are thinking of. The standard version and the Si both get heavier and nicer, and won't hit 50MPG. Plus even in a car that isn't much over 2000 lbs, the ~110HP of the Si isn't a lot, figure with any engine swap/mods for more power you are looking at around 30MPG combined as a best case, 35 if you are lucky. So yes it still beats a Durango, but there will be no tossing you back in your seat if you want 50MPG.
                HUSH, dont mess up my dreams..... lol.... Yea, I started to figure that.... I am going to try to buy the reprogrammer for my Durango and see how much better fuel economy it can give me. If im not happy then this project is still on.... Another issue I am having is that there is not alot of CRXs for sale. The ones I am finding are either automatic or all destroyed looking :-\

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                4X MK808b
                3x Perixx Touchpads
                3x 7 inch Screens
                1x Win 7 PC

Comment

might as well plan on swapping in a B-series motor if you get a CRX - they are cheap now and in Miami I'd imagine you can't throw a rock without hitting someone who has done a B-series swap in Honda. If you do a swap you get the 5-speed with the motor.

Comment

might as well plan on swapping in a B-series motor if you get a CRX - they are cheap now and in Miami I'd imagine you can't throw a rock without hitting someone who has done a B-series swap in Honda. If you do a swap you get the 5-speed with the motor.
                    I noticed that on the very few i did find, they mentioned they did some kind of JBL swap.... have no idea what that means.... Is that what your talking about?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                    4X MK808b
                    3x Perixx Touchpads
                    3x 7 inch Screens
                    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

JBL is a brand of audio equipment, so maybe but probably not engine related. JDM is Japanese Domestic Market, is that the acronym listed? briefly, Civics in the US (until recently) came with the D-series engine from Honda, while Integras (and a few special Civic versions) had the more powerful B-series. In Japan the B-series was available in the CRX though, and there are lots of low-mileage B-series engines floating around japan for companies to ship over here, so a "JDM swap" is in theory at least a Japanese-market engine installed in a car here.

Comment

JBL is a brand of audio equipment, so maybe but probably not engine related. JDM is Japanese Domestic Market, is that the acronym listed? briefly, Civics in the US (until recently) came with the D-series engine from Honda, while Integras (and a few special Civic versions) had the more powerful B-series. In Japan the B-series was available in the CRX though, and there are lots of low-mileage B-series engines floating around japan for companies to ship over here, so a "JDM swap" is in theory at least a Japanese-market engine installed in a car here.
                        HAHAHAHAH thats what I mean...... JDM. OH wow, thats shows you how much I know about tuners, LMFAO....

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Don't know how they are in price... but you could check out BMW 316Ti Compact.

The engine (M43) in these cars are amasing... keeps going forever and for beeing a 1.6l engine... it delivers 103hp with out any breathing help.
                          In other words... quite possible to drive very economical if needed.

the car handels very good, and if you get the M-sports package or perhaps bilstein suspension... you've got yourself a realy good and nice car

I had a 1994 model some years back, and i had bilstein PSS9 suspension on it.... out drove a Porsche 911 on a curvy road

Comment

Originally posted by Crinos View Post
                            That's if you don't mind paying an amazing amount for BMW parts . . . I suspect Honda or Toyo parts are way less -- and on an older car, you'll need plenty of parts.
                            If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html

Comment

Originally posted by Crinos View Post

The engine (M43) in these cars are amasing... keeps going forever and for beeing a 1.6l engine... it delivers 103hp with out any breathing help.
                              In other words... quite possible to drive very economical if needed.

the car handels very good, and if you get the M-sports package or perhaps bilstein suspension... you've got yourself a realy good and nice car

I had a 1994 model some years back, and i had bilstein PSS9 suspension on it.... out drove a Porsche 911 on a curvy road
                              NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, no old school Euro cars. You end up spending so much money. Plus I have a fear of BMW. My friend was going 140 MPH, when he was coming around the corner, the electrical system shut off, which controls 99.9% of the car. I kept telling him to claim the car was a lemon but BMW would not trade out the car. He couldn't turn the car because the electric steering and braking where gone and he flew over guard rail and fell 2 stories off a bridge. The car then slammed into the floor, continued to roll and exploded. Him and his wife died. I went after BMW with his children, but when they didn't care that their parents died and only cared about getting money, I withdrew all my evidence and what not.

Originally posted by rdholtz View Post
                              That's if you don't mind paying an amazing amount for BMW parts . . . I suspect Honda or Toyo parts are way less -- and on an older car, you'll need plenty of parts.
                              I agree, I had a Porsche 944 and when something breaks its so expensive. I had to get the timing belt changed that was $400.00 dollars. After sinking so much money into the car, the control arms went bad, they told me it would be like $700.00 per side to fix. I called a school and donated the car to them. I then bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee, the engine imploded, sued the dealer ship, they refunded me my money and I bought the Durango.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                              4X MK808b
                              3x Perixx Touchpads
                              3x 7 inch Screens
                              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                              X