MKIV GTI - Custom Cargo Shelf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKIV GTI - Custom Cargo Shelf

I Recently came to the consensus that my amp and sub are exposed in the rear window ( car didnt come with cargo shelf) and i will soon be heading back to college so thus my car will be sitting in an open lot.

So thus i decided to make my own cargo shelf (buying replacement part online or from VW is rediculously expensive).

i also plan to integrate this shelf into my car computer, or something cool. idk what yet, but i shall find out. (will take suggestions)

-= Without the Shelf =-

-= With the Shelf =-

-= Bottom of the Shelf =-

-= The Dowel, held on by Rubber lined wire holders =-

If its not broke, try and fix it.
    My First Carputer

Looks good, so far. Do you plan to seal the wood so it doesn't absorb moisture? How will you finish it -- paint, vinyl, cloth, carpet?
    If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

2006 Scion xB with in-dash Atom & Lilliput 889GL -- Worklog at http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...res-links.html

Comment

yah, im gonna paint it. i was gonna prime it, paint it Black, then paint the VW logo ontop (maybe with some flame or w/e im gonna draw up some ideas) then finish with a Clear Coat
      My First Carputer

Comment

Finished

I actually decided to just carpet the board, because i realized how much i hate painting. so here's the final product.

My First Carputer

Comment

Looks good man! I am about to do the same thing actually but it is so I have room to mount 2 big arse amps out of the way. Looks good.

Comment

Working...
          X