2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Hi All. I just purchased a Ralliart that I'll begin working on soon. I plan to custom fab the dash with a 7" touchscreen and DVD/CD slotloader with all the audio output to a fully aftermarket sound system. I'll post more details and pictures of the project car soon.

I already removed parts of the center console to see what's in there as well as replaced the four main 6.75" speakers and removed the stock 8" subwoofer.

For the audio system I will be custom building two 10" sub boxes for the trunk.

Hopefully this will be helpful to others out there that want to take on a project of their own. This is my second full project (the first isn't posted) so I really want to do it right this time.

It was raining last night so I couldn't get any good pics, I'll be sure to put some up tonight.

Comment

Comment

We need progress!!!! Where are you at???

Comment

The project is on hold right now. I'm on fianancial lockdown so I won't be purchasing anything right now, but hopefully I can get working on the dash fabrication soon.

Comment

that is no fun

Comment

Don't be sad, I think I'm going to reuse most things from my last car and concentrate on the fabrication this time. I'd like to go with a newer LED screen but I'm married.

My biggest problem is trying to figure out if I can get away without moving the temp controls or not. I've seen projects where one person did and one didn't so I'm not sure what to do. It'll be tricky either way I go.

Comment

Alright, I've decided to leave the temp controls where they are. I'm putting the 7" screen where the radio is so it'll probably end up covering up about 1/4 of the vents above it. I hope that doesn't create an issue.

Comment

Interested in the end result

Interested to see how the in dash mount turns out. I opted to place my screen on a stand off coming out of the radio slot. Avoided reworking the dash. It does block my vents, but hasn't been an issue for the past 4+ years its been there.
                  2004 Mitsubishi Ralliart Lancer

Lilliput 619 7" Touchscreen
                  EPIA MII-12000
                  512 MB RAM
                  160 GB 2.5" Drive
                  Black VoomPC Case

Comment

Thanks, that's good to know. I seem to notice lately that the majority of the air flow comes out the side vents (by the windows) anyway.

Comment

2004 Ralliart Project Post

Started a thread on my car

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...-ralliart.html
                      2004 Mitsubishi Ralliart Lancer

Lilliput 619 7" Touchscreen
                      EPIA MII-12000
                      512 MB RAM
                      160 GB 2.5" Drive
                      Black VoomPC Case

Comment

I found some time today to start cutting out some more space in the stock center console. I had to make it slightly wider than the DIN hole already in there, and then cut it up to leave about 1/2" of plastic along the top.

Cut OEM center console

Recycled Lilliput bezel from last project

Stock console piece in place in the car

The Lilliput bezel will be angled to reduce glare and to provide enough room for the back of the monitor assembly to fit.

Comment

I rough sanded the entire screen bezel and the top half of the console piece to better hold the fiberglass, then masked off the outside area.

I used the big piece of masking tape down the middle to hold up the bezel while applying the fiberglass.

Fiberglass applied to the bottom and lower half of the sides. I'll give it 24 hours to dry and then work on the top half.

I finally got some summer tires with some used wheels, so here's what the outside is looking like now.

Comment

Any progress recently? Let's get some pics up!!!

Comment

Well, it's put together. Running CF, with iGuidance with no problems. But when it comes to adding plugins and getting the HD radio to work with my serial-to-USB adapter I'm pulling my hair out! I've got so many problems that I'm working on right now that I'm not going to list them. I'm just spending time reading other threads, but then again I've been doing that for weeks now.

Comment

Working...
                              X