my P38 rangie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my P38 rangie

Here is the new car, and latest project for carputer. I just got the last car installed, then decided to sell, the car. Then bought this, i gotta do some important mechanical bits first though (head gaskets and rear diff).

Going to make book enclosure with mdf, for the subs, amps, and computer, good size touchscreen up front, uprated speakers in doors etc.

carputer spec's are

Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core 1.6 Atom Motherboard
    M2-ATX
    Transcend 2gb DDR2 667 RAM
    160GB Seagate Sata Hard Drive
    Voom2PC Enclosure
    Royal-Tec RGM-2000 sat nav reciever
    CarPC JoyCon - Steering wheel remote controller USB converter (i have to change the steering wheel, as mine dont have the buttons as standard)

other hardware:-
    Royal-Tec RGM-2000 sat nav reciever
    CarPC JoyCon - Steering wheel remote controller USB converter (i have to change the steering wheel, as mine dont have the buttons as standard)

software:-
    tinyXP
    freeice

screen case

original rangie consol

trial fitting

back seats removed

screen in consol

steering spiral modified for Joycon

multi-function steering wheel

sub enclosures

dash at the moment
    [/QUOTE]

Comment

screen case

original rangie consol

trial fitting

back seats removed

screen in consol

steering spiral modified for Joycon

multi-function steering wheel

sub enclosures

dash at the moment

Comment

stripped for usb, and vga to consol

centre consol and seat removed

also got the power leads in, to the back, waiting on distribution block to come, and been messing with new screen consol.....getting there, slowly, also bought some new speakers for the doors, so gotta get them in now aswell.

Comment

got the screen consol done, also done some carpeting of the sub enclosures, and got the power leads from front to back sorted, also changed the standard speakers in the o/s/f, and o/s/r doors, no point on taking photo's of them, not much to see.

here's a pic of the screen in the car, and i've even refitted some switches, gonna put some usb extension leads in the blank's, and possibly a reset switch for the carputer

Comment

got the multi function steering wheel fitted, and temporary carpet fitted to rear sub enclosures, and subs in. The MDF you can see in the pictures will be behind the next stage of the build. If you look closely at the door, my vibe tweeter can be seen.

and here they are with the factory parcel shelf fitted

Here is the latest with the screen console, i have added 2 usb slots, for memory stick etc. and 2 buttons, dont know what for yet, but i should think 1 will be for a reset.

Comment

i was wanting to get the dash , and screen all mounted securely, and cables running from screen to computer, and decided it would look good with blue led's in all the switches, and dash, such a simple thought, such a pain to do!!!

here's the dash (i know i got an air bag fault), all the warning lights are also blue

switches, fog light, air suspension, etc

electric window pack, camera makes it dazzle, not that bad in car, i had to drill the holes behind the arrows, etc. for 12 seperate 3mm led's, as with just 1 inplace of the original bulb looked dull

map reading lights

courtesy light on

rear courtesy lights

view from outside the car from the rear

light in door shining down onto pavement

heater controls, had to unsolder the orange led's, and solder in blue ones, they measure 3.2mm x 2mm

blue lights in heater controls again, and switches ablove (air suspension, fog light etc) anyone see why my airbag light is on????

Comment

Working...
              X