2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

My project car is as the title says, a 06 STi. I've been looking into monitoring my cars health with EGT, Boost, various other temps, wideband O2, but don't want a bunch of gauges all over my car. Also, I want a way I can log all the data from the sensors so I can fine tune some of my ECU data tables.

Also, I hate my radio for a couple of reasons. One is that it's silver to match the plastic trim...which is going to be painted soon, doesn't play MP3's, and hates CDR's with a passion.

A carputer sounds perfect. I'm looking forward to this project.
    I don't have any questions yet. The forums are full of information and the people look friendly

I'll use this post to stay organized as I go forward.

Plan so far:
    -------------------- Hardware --------------------
    - Computer: Mo-co-so's black box dual core CPU with these options:
    + Bluetooth (comes standard)
    + USB DVD drive
    + Internal Wifi
    + PCI port (maybe)
    - Monitor:
    + Touch screen, double DIN. (Replaces radio)
    + Volume nob of some kind.

-------------------- Software --------------------
    - Ride runner frontend (aka road runner)

-------------------- Install Plans --------------------
    + Install carputer where jack is located (Drivers side trunk) I will probably build a 2nd enclosure out of plastic/fiberglass with air flow going through some desicant. I live in a hummid area and there is a vent near the location I have picked out.
    + Change battery for a spill proof (optima red-top) and relocate to trunk.

Any comments are appreciated...Especially if you autocross and have something spiffy I haven't come across jet.

You do know that SOYP is for completed vehicle computer projects only, right?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Yes....I guess I had to many windows open at once. I meant to put this in project logs or whatever it was called. It was something "logs", I can't seam to find it now.

I'll try to change it.

Comment

Moved!

Comment

Working...
        X