1989 maxima project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 maxima project

well ppl bout to start this carpc up in a few days.i have been surfing this site for a while and always wanted one so here it is.i really dont know what all i want it to do but i have a idea on what i want.i know i want to play songs on it cause im tired of cds getting scratched up.so this is the list i want,play mp3's,bluetooth,gps,sirius radio,and need it to be wireless also.i'm a noob at this so i might need some help from you ppl also.i will post car later in couple days.

Welcome

Let us know how much you're willing to spend. The pics of your car (in and out) will be helpful so we can help you decide where to mount things and run cables etc.
    2007 Camry Altise In-dash Car PC

Comment

well i went ahead and ordered my screen,i went with a lilliput 8'' screen model 889gl-80.it just came in thursday and also i ordered my motherboard its a epia via m10000 1ghz.

Comment

will post pictures friday evening sometime my batteries just went down on me,ima go ahead and do my cutout on my bezel and report back later

Comment

Great to hear you've got the ball rolling

Comment

Originally posted by MeeM View Post
            Great to hear you've got the ball rolling

trying to bro these bills are killing me i cut out the bezel what epoxy do i need to get to mold the bezel andscreen bezel together,can i get it at a autoparts store?

Comment

Possibly. A two-part epoxy such as Araldite should work. If you don't find it at an autoparts store, you'll definitely find it at a hardware store. If you can, take the two bezels with you to the store so they can advise you accordingly.

Comment

i was looking at my hard drive i pulled from my broken laptop,its a hitachi hdd 120gb im thinking im gonna need this adaptor if so the side with the 4 pins will that hook up to the power supply am i correct it has 2 grounds and a 5volt and 12 volt?

Comment

Is it a SATA hard drive? Post a pic of the connector if possible.

Comment

here are some pictures

Comment

in this picure this is my laptop sata drive that came from my dell inspiron 1525 will this adapter work for the harddrive and my motherboard?

http://www.cooldrives.com/sahadradtoid.html

Comment

and here is my drive i got from my laptop also can you guy post a link where to get the part to make this work?

Comment

and also here is the bezel

Comment

The hard drive will need a SATA power cable and SATA data cable. The cables are easily available as they are the same cables used on desktop machines.

The DVD connector looks like an eSATA connector, but I could be wrong. You could take it to a computer store and have them identify it for you and they could sell you the correct cable. Or perhaps someone else on here can identify it?

Comment

Originally posted by MeeM View Post
                              The hard drive will need a SATA power cable and SATA data cable. The cables are easily available as they are the same cables used on desktop machines.

The DVD connector looks like an eSATA connector, but I could be wrong. You could take it to a computer store and have them identify it for you and they could sell you the correct cable. Or perhaps someone else on here can identify it?
                              thanks for yor help,i will start the fiberglassing in a few days.

Comment

Working...
                              X