No announcement yet.

2000- peugeot 306 a car Pc from france!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000- peugeot 306 a car Pc from france!

Hi folks!
    (sorry if my english is poor, i'll do my best for this!)

I've been planning to build a pc for my car for a while now, but i had no time and not enough skills to realize it. Right after i had my diploma in industrial computing i decided to start thinking seriously about it, i don't want to have just a computer which can play music or videos, i want this project to be a complete on board computer, wich would be connected to a lot of stuff, let's see what i want it to do:

- playing music, video
    - acces to internet
    - displaying webcams (front/rear/interior?)
    - displaying car data (rpm, Km/h, probes data, etc)
    - displaying car error data
    - control the air conditionner
    - save severals data (videos from webcam, probes, etc...)

now that i know what i want, i can think about the interface:

- touch screen
    - NO keyboard or mouse

Because there is not any free space in my dashboard to include the Touch-LCD, i decided to take the A/C commands away for my LCD, thats how its looks like now:

and thats what it should looks like after:

as you can see, i have to remove the three commands (fan speed, heat and wind direction) and the two buttons (A/C and recirculation)
    i wanted to see what was behind there and began unmount the dashboard:

the good news is: it's pretty empty behind there!

let's see what's behin the commands now:

WOW i thought it would be less complicated! whatever, i saw what i wanted: three potentiometers which corresponds to the three commands (red arrows), the goal is to replace them by my interface card output. But that's not for now.

now that i can fit my LCD, the big question is: how to control the PC?
    you'll probably say "with your touchScreen, stupid!" and you're right... BUT i already have a touchscreen in my car: my iphone, and i can tell you that moving the menus and keep an eye on the road is not easy at all... i had to find something else (of course the touchScreen will still be useful).
    That's why i cam whith the idea of the NunChunk, you know the little remote wich comes with the WiiMote?

it has some interesting features, as:
    - a joystick
    - two buttons
    - a 3 axis accelerometer

and the best thing is: i've already have one!

Now i'm ready to start, and the first (and probably the biggest) thing i want to do is my own frontend. I want it to be:

- as good looking as possible
    - as ergonomic as possible

with those ideas, i start photoshoping and programming. the main menu is done and the audio player is in a good lane, the nunchunk is functionnal, the "touch" fonctions too (i don't have the touchscreen yet, my mouseclick will act as a finger Touch )
    let's see what it looks like:

the main menu:

the audio player (still in construction)

tomorrow i'll make a video to show you the thing in motion.

that's it for tonight!

Hi and welcome from France too

Good project, i'm also trying to develop my own frontend because I'm not totally satisfied with RR or CF. I'm using C language (perhaps i'll switch to C++ though) with SDL and libVLC, running under Windows and Linux , but I still have to work a lot on it... If you're interested, I posted about it on a french forum.

Anyway, I'll follow your project

+1 Frenchy! Yeah!

Good luck for your screen integration in the DASH. It will need a lot of work...
      New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
      Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
      Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

how is this project doing?