X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

9/20/10 - Got the screen fabricated into the metra dash kit

9/30/10 - Got Most of the parts

10/15/10 - Started filming the into for the project. Punched the holes in the case for the quick release kit and the USB supersize me kit. Put the motherboard together.

Great start, I'm subscribed!
    My 2007 Ford F350 Work Log located HERE

Comment

is that the factory case that came with the case. It looks like the one you can get from a site called (www.mo-co-so.com)? Do you have any fabrication pics. I have a 2007 altima and plan to drop in a screen. Thanks

Comment

It's the metra kit.
        I don't really have fab pics cuz I didn't do it myself. I know I would have screwed it up. I used the mp3car kit service for the altima. I. Can show you up close though it's not a ton of work to get it to fit.

Comment

Hey man I didn't see any kits for an altima. am I blind or something?

Comment

Sweet Justice, That was a quick responce

Comment

These forums are attached to the back of my hand. You know, in case everything breaks. lol.

Comment

So you didn't have to do really any fabrication just put that dash kit in and then put the screen in or is it the other way around

Comment

Fabrication was needed. Not much, just some fitting work. Its not a drop in fit. And i know i would have messed it up on my own, thats why I used the kit, which is really a service + kit + monitor, where our experts do the fab for you and send you the final piece you see on my desk there.

Heres a closer image

Comment

back of it

Comment

Thanks for explaining. I'd be doing the fabrication work myself. Again, Thank you for the help

Comment

wait, your a antenna engineer, but you couldn't fab a bezel? no wonder the iphone4 had issues.
                        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                        carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                          wait, your a antenna engineer, but you couldn't fab a bezel? no wonder the iphone4 had issues.
                          haha. I don't have access to the secret engineering rooms here that I do at apple. Yea, gonna go with that.

Comment

Built out the entire power structure, fuses distributers and all.
                            Finished building the entire PC, all ready go.
                            Windows 7 64 bit with Intel SSD boots in 13 sec.

started planning out how to cut the foam in the back for the computer.
                            Amp and other forgotten items arrive in 3 days.

Over 30 gigs of video shot so far.

Comment

Working...
                            X