2011 Subaru Legacy Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Subaru Legacy Install

Well I have finally got it underway. I am installing my car pc in my 2011 Subaru legacy. Purchased from Quality Subaru, Wallingford CT. I am just in the beginning stages of the project. I think the hardest thing of the install is trying to figure out where to put the hardware. I chose the trunk over the spare tire. Subaru has this nice foam piece that covers the tire, I decided to hack it up to mount the amp and the computer. The only problem I see in this spot is cooling. You can see from my pic (Done in Paint) i am thinking about putting in 4 fans to help in the process of cooling. What do you think?
    More to come
    Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by themlruts; 04-11-2011, 10:52 AM.

Turn 2 of the fans around so you have 2 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans. That way fresh air comes in, flows over the amps and then the hot air is expelled.
    Android Tablet In-Car Sliding Dock using hacked DVD drive

Comment

Originally posted by badmonkey23 View Post
      Turn 2 of the fans around so you have 2 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans. That way fresh air comes in, flows over the amps and then the hot air is expelled.
      I know its hard to tell from the pic but the fans up top are blowing up and the fans in front are blowing down

Comment

Couple of good tips for you from Car Audio & Electronics
        I don't wanna be a product of my environment.
        I want my environment to be product of me.

Comment

I was thinking about that. Just not sure how i can pipe that into the spare tire area

Comment

Wiring

Well the wiring begain this weekend.
            Ran
            4 AWG to the back to run the computer and amp
            VGA
            USB
            4 Speaker wires
            Also ran some wires for the HDD Light, Power Light and the Reset Switch

Here are some pics
            You will see that subaru does a nice job with there wiring. They have nice runway. I just used that to add in my wires. Nice and clean. Also had nice gromets ready to sneak the power wires threw. Props to subaru for this. Car was designed to run cables
            Attached Files
            Last edited by themlruts; 04-11-2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Well i took some time off this week and was planning on working on the car but the wife talked me into going to florida for a couple days so not to much to update this week. I hope to get moving on this shortly.

Comment

i have just finished making the power supply for upfront in the car. I am using m3-atx. I need it to power the screen and usb hubs.
                Attached Files

Comment

Bump, any updates to this?

Comment

Well sorry for being a bit late to update. i will post some pics later on

Comment

Updated pics fianlly

Here are somne pics of the install and my 555 timer i built for amp delay trun on
                      Attached Files

Comment

It's bad for your health to bowl while driving.
                        Originally posted by Lincolnman
                        Your English is fine, don't apologize. You're doing better than most Americans.

Comment

this is true but not when stuck in traffic

Comment

2011 Subaru Legacy

Have you wired aftermarket car speakers from those amps and if so where did you tap into the wires near the speakers. I have a 2011 also and I'm hooking up a 4 way amp and putting in new Kicker KS60's speakers and didn't want to remove the rubber wire housing going from the frame to the door to get to the speaker wires, because i didn't want it to leak later on down the road. Any help would be appropriated.

Thanks Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X