Bybyte double din All-in-one; Subaru

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bybyte double din All-in-one; Subaru

Okay so I just can't stay away. After selling all my partially compete stuff I went ahead and bought new to try again.

I've given up on the fold out radio/monitors (previously the xenarc mdt-x7000).

And replaced it with this:

bybyte with mini-touch 700

via p-830 with dual mini-pcie card slot daughter board.

intel SSD (so I can run win XP)

directed HD radio and the mitch JS cable

tda7805 amplifier with de-noiser circuit.

I'm leaning towards the DC-DC usb because it's scriptable and i can use v-aux as the remote turn on for the amp.
    Also next paycheck will be the new intel b/g/n bluetooth adapter.
    Putting it all together will be a bear, biggest PITA will be finding the proprietary connectors these jokers used.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by steven765; 10-20-2011, 09:32 PM.

ByByte's 2nd generation box with the monitor pre-installed looks hella nice!

If you find that Via mobo isn't giving you enough performance, you can try getting Zotac ad10 plus (a small SFF all-in-one, similar to the one I used, only more powerful), getting it out of the case and trying to install that. I was always curious how the performance of those boards compare to dual core Atoms and Zacate processors
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    My Project: All-in-one Double Din Unit

Comment

Really interested in seeing how you go with the P830.
      I have one of the original Pico boards and I am in 2 minds about needing an upgrade.
      Will be watching your progress.
      VIA Pico ITX, M2-ATX clone, 7" Seform 800x480 LCD Touchscreen, Dual 2x75WRMS Mini Amps, IDE-CF & SATA-CF adapters, 8GB (Sys) & 32GB (MP3s) CF, ELMscan5USB, Slot-load DVD, Craig Brass DAB+/FM USB module, Odyssey Navigator
      Build 90% Apps 50% Install 10%

Comment

Very interested in how the VIA board works out for you too. What front end are you planning to run with it?
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Ah sorry for not posting pics. The boards are installed. I need to do a quick write up for everyone.

Big notes with the p830, you have to purchase (and then return ) the 300$ molex .2mm pin crimper for those pins. Even then I still have a little noise in my vga lines.

The DC-DC is the only power supply which will fit, and they're assholes. You can't invert the amplifier anti thump and they won't do a quick code update for it.

The via board usb pin specifications are incorrect, pin 15 on the usb does NOT supply +5. Bloody tossers

Comment

Working...
          X