This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping WIndows OS for Android x86

I've decided to drop Windows OS for my CarPC and switch to Android x86. The reason is mainly to try something new and I think the Android OS would be ideal in the car. This does cause me to loose the ability to use my Directed HD tuner but all the stations I listen to are on TuneIn radio. It also allows me to drop the harddrive which even with a SSD has failed at times and run from USB.

For now I have removed my CarPC and have it installed on my test bench. I have Android x86 up and running and was really impressed how it just worked out of the box especially with my generic WiFi adapter and the onboard sound. I could run both OS' but I want to force my hand towards Android.

My original CarPC thread is here
    http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...-solution.html

The one thing I am going to miss a lot is RideRunner but I can always switch back since I'm booting from USB

I will get my notes together and post the details of my Android x86 install next.
    Click for my projects
    2006 F150 with removable Nexus 7

2006 Mustang with indash CarPC (Retired)

That sounds really interesting, can't wait to hear more!

Cheers, James

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Comment

Closing this thread due to my install switching to a Nexus seven. Android x86 install actually works really well it's just that once I had the Nexus seven it became apparent that it was the logical choice for an install
      Click for my projects
      2006 F150 with removable Nexus 7

2006 Mustang with indash CarPC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
      X