• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche Gemballa

Hello

I'm new to mp3car.com.
    I'm in France.

My car in which is mounted my system.

Using playstation display that i had to modify as this display expects RGB+Sync
    mmh well this screen was anyway damaged when bought but it was cheap. So just for a test drive it was enough.

lambda sensor's values displayed in real time, this means not refreshed every 1s but following real events.

and today it looks like this

since this time updated things... expanded the interface to the whole wide screen and many features added.

Tracking the car is functionnal, actually it's very basic but this thing is so fun to use that i will probably make it evolve a little bit more, especially with graphics...

http://www.r-kraft.com/live.php

very nice!
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tektility

Comment

Wow! Not only it is clean, but you must be a genius for making that non-OBD car interface with a Linux carputer!
      00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
      Newest install - my quickest ever
      My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
      My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

good job. I like the carbon fiber shifter.

Comment

Very, very nice. You've got some skills there.

Not many people have the ability to compile the latest Linux kernel in their porsche
          Zen Fat Loss

Comment

Originally posted by Yuriy
            Wow! Not only it is clean, but you must be a genius for making that non-OBD car interface with a Linux carputer!
            Hello,

well no i'm not a genius even if i wished to
            I only used and adapted existing things from Dallas semiconductor, added the part to make it able to communicate and that's it. It runs.

but that's not all...i made a kind of tracker that allows me to stop the car regardless of the distance.
            In addition to this when the car is gently stopped it calls me back to give me its coordinates.

i.e : it recognizes the caller ID then parses the file, compares to the programmed code and then starts action if entered code is recognized.
            Here you can see the text "Test" i entered but it could be anything any lenght.
            multiple callers ID is possible with multiple codes to launch any action in the car.

This screenshot is only a dump, the driver can't see all of what is happening inside...

thank you all for your feedback as it helps me to improve this system.

Comment

Originally posted by RS3RS
              Very, very nice. You've got some skills there.

Not many people have the ability to compile the latest Linux kernel in their porsche
              Sure they have, it's only a matter of leaving some habits and fear...
              The new kernel generations are easier to modify
              The kernel is a 2.6.8 which allows me to boot up in about 30s. I'm still working on it to lower this boot time.

Comment

Wow, are you retired James Bond or something? That must be one of the most advanced setups ever presented here!
                00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
                Newest install - my quickest ever
                My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
                My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Hahaha what a strange idea... nothing to do with retired James Bond.
                  This is the best joke ever heard from the time i'm presenting my pc in da car

Well no in fact i'm using only what i have aboard to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Tred
                    good job. I like the carbon fiber shifter.
                    Thank you

Arf this one is not a real one carbon fiber

Comment

Looks good but you need a much bigger LCD.

-Rich
                      http://www.mybimmer.net

Comment

Thank you.

You are right, i know that but a bigger screen is too expensive for me at the moment, well at least till i find a job that's why i used one damn difficult to adjust playstation's display...
                        nevertheless it is functionnal. Changing screen is easy thing to do.

Comment

Hmmm....the guy can afford to run a classic Porsche AND modify it, but can't afford a bigger screen!!!
                          Anyway, that's very nice. What are you using to control the screen by the way?
                          In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(")
                          Bunny's first poo
                          __ U

Comment

Let me see... what could happen if you lose your job tomorrow, will you throw away your car, house and clothes and start living in the street ?

It seems to me that my project helps me keep in contact with an activity, this is the most important.
                            The worst is starting doing nothing, complaining or something.

Second thing my Porsche costs less money than any new or recent car maybe like yours just because i'm maintaining it myself.
                            As you see no need to be so rich to get a car like this, it's all about passion nothing else...

I was wondering what is the most important buying something that anyone can buy in any electronics store or be able to do something with hands and mind ?

Anyway i'm using infra red remote still juste because not enough money (again) to buy a touch screen
                            AND it is modified using a P133 motherboard with only 64 Mb, 8 Go HD and Playstation's screen. infra red and all the other parts are home made except the modem and the gps.

Comment

I was only ribbin' ya!
                              Yeah this car and the 928 are my faves 8-)
                              In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(")
                              Bunny's first poo
                              __ U

Comment

Working...
                              X