2001 ford taurus carputer project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 ford taurus carputer project

well i thought id get to working on the project even thoug i am still in the planning procces and finalizing the layout of things heres a few pics of where im thingking of placing the screen even though i would have to cut out the ac controls and relocate them to the cubby hole below the radio bezel .

the connector to the left is where the vacuum tubes plug in they are going to pose a problem as they are very short and really dont know how it will effect pressure if i extend them

Comment

as for extending them why not just get a piece of vacum hose to make an extention hook it up and see if it works ok

Comment

thats my plan to just extend the current hoses using a double female hose connector but like i said i dont know how this will effect pressure or if pressure is even a factor

Comment

Do you have any close up pics of the hose? Would it be possible to use/fabricate smaller buttons?

Comment

Yes u will ned to cut the ac controls. As for the vacum lines they should not be affected unless you really extend them

Comment

as long as the seal is good I dont see why a couple of inches would hurt.
              Progress,.... that is what I keep forgetting ;)
              planning_[++++++++++]. 110%
              parts___[++++++----] around 60%
              install___[-----------] -9,000%

Comment

mv howd you get the face out, i am having trouble doing it.

Comment

Working...
                X