99 Eclipse - Raised Floor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Eclipse - Raised Floor

Ok guys I'm starting my raised floor project...

Now my goal here is to keep as much trunk space as possible, and also still be able to access my spare tire easily...

Now the flase floor is of course going to take up the entire floor and raise it close to 5-6 inches, but it will be three pieces, this will allow me to make the middle piece on a hinge allowing me to go under it and access my spare tire if needed...

Ok here are the pics so far...

Space I Started With:

Working On The Cardboard Layout:

Finished The Layout:

I'll buy the plywood soon to start building
    Debating on installing a carpc in my Jeep.....

haha looks a little familiar, good luck with it, I need to get going with mine, i havn't made too much progress so far, been working on my sub box. post lots of pics.
    CarDomain www.cardomain.com/id/mike_t_44

Comment

yea ive been following yours and its looking good... im hoping to get some money to get this project rolling this friday

Comment

ok i got the plywood bought and have started on the base for the floor... ill put more pics up tommorrow...

these are the only updates for now:

Comment

Any progress?
          2005 Black Chevy Impala
          Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

not yet... been busy with the pc install... should start the floor within a month or so

Comment

FYI if you use Apple ply it will be stiff enough to not need major bracing and more resisant to cracking and curling.
              Regular plywoold is
              a) very heavy
              b)not very dimensionally stable
              c) easily splintered and damaged.

you could use a routered out 1/2 or 3/4 appleply floor with a 1/4 mdf top If you are looking for lightness and stability, you could also lay glass over the sections to get a paintable finish to complement your sub enclosure.

Many complements on your creativity in sub placement so far.

Comment

yea im actually thinking of somewhat abandoning this idea and going to cut out the spare tire holder and use it as the holder for my equipment and doin a 1/2" mdf piece on top and paint that the same os the subs.....

and what did you mean lay a piece of glass over top to get a paintable finish.... u do kno that mdf can be painted just the same as fiberglass, no difference at all, except much less body work

Comment

Working...
                X