2000 Cadillac Escalade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Cadillac Escalade

I've been tinkering with carputers since 2001 my first project was a 97 eclipse convertible with a chopped up latop with the display in-dash...the housing of the lcd broke when someone stole my radio so now it's my MediaBed:

I also have a 2000 Escalade:

I'm on the 3rd version of my carputer in the Caddy its a totally new build I've had it running mediacar for about 6 months but I've out grown it. the new build will have all the normal bells and whistles , wireless internet, rear cam, dual monitor, XM, 60 gig laptop drive, dc-dc power supply. I'm also running frodoplayer "props"

here are the build pix:

this was an empty gutted electronics case

it looks dirty but thats just reflection from the bedliner paint

the monitor pretty much hasn't changed the whole time and it will probably never be in-dash because the Wife has custody over my balls

well thats it let me know what you think!!!!

Edit: Stupid Geocities it seems like if more than 3 people view the links then i go over my alotted bandwidth so I've changed the links to the ones below:
    Attached Files
    My Build

Progress: 80%

Some of your pictures aren't showing up
    `
    ,,`,,
    ,,`,,
    ``,,`,,` `
    ,,`,,
    ,,`,,
    `
    `

Comment

None of them are.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

The pictures show up for me in IE. I like the black on black scheme. Where did you install the case at?
        2005 Black Chevy Impala
        Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

The case is actually still sitting in my puter room on the floor but i have the perfect spot already measured for it under the rear passenger side seat

these are the same as above:
          Attached Files
          My Build

Comment

more pix linked to above:
            Attached Files
            My Build

Comment

Finally another old body escalade on here! I have a 99. Work in progress. I got a ****load of ideas for you. Lol
              i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Cool...I've seen you on a couple threads but never any pix of your ride I'm interested to see your setup
                My Build

Comment

Yeah I didn't wanna post pics until I'm completely done! Lol I guess I can give u a sneak peek!

Comment

I hate the fact i cant put it in the dash i'd love to make it look stock this is what the front end looks like:
                    Attached Files
                    My Build

Comment

Ditch the big screen on the console and get an 8 inch ts lilli. Its what I got it fits perfect! U have to relocate the ac controls tho. And cut a small part out behind the dash to get the back of the tv to sit flush. No major changes. Nothing I can't return back to stock with my original dash and a half hour!

Comment

dude i already built the box!!!!! I'm not going back now :P
                        My Build

Comment

ok fine ill tell u here. i opened up my center console. took the facotry subwoofer out and it leave PLENTY of room for the computer. no one can ever see it and it leaves less chance to get stolen. and the best part i didnt need any extension wires because it went str8 from the dash vga to the center console and i also relocated the ac controls to the armrest with my slot load dvd burner. im still working on a bezel for it. i took the factory cd changer out and mounted a pioneer headunit in there to control the speakers volume and amps. if you measure it right it closes perfectly. and once again stealth so if it cant be seen it cant be stolen. especially if you lock the console with the key.

Comment

Don't listen to him. Bigger monitor = easier to read when driving.
                            1999 Plymouth Voyager (That's right, big-pimpin' in a minivan.)
                            PC built into console
                            worklog with pics: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46359

Some of my music: http://www.myspace.com/markquestion

Comment

Working...
                            X