Amaretto, or, the 2003 Civic Si Carputer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaretto, or, the 2003 Civic Si Carputer

According to my naming convention, I have dubbed this PC Amaretto (I name all the PC's and servers after liquors or drinks, and the router/firewall is aptly name Bouncer

Anyway, I will post pics when I get home, but here's what I have thus far:

Biostar M7NCG-400
    Athlon 2200+ Mobile
    512MB DDR 333
    80GB Desktop HD
    DVD-Rom (pull from Gateway )
    Athenatech HTPC case w/220W PSU (will be removed for Opus 150)
    Buffalo 802.11G WiFi in PCI slot
    4 port USB2.0 card in PCI slot (both PCI's low profile)
    BU-303 USB GPS

What I need:
    DigitalWW DWW-7VGA monitor
    Opus 150
    Someone who knows how the hell to wire this thing

I think I am going to keep the stock HU and mount the screen below (assuming I have enough clearance from the HU dials, if not I'll have to get a cheapy HU and switch them). PC I think I am going to bolt to the rear seats since I have a hatchback, the hatch cover will keep it out of sight.

After fighting with the board to run stable with the proc, the software building has begun

Suggestions, flames, or feedback welcome.
    Carputer Worklog
    Carputer Progress:
    PC built and functional, waiting on funds for DWW-7VGA and Opus 150W

Originally posted by Cheech
    According to my naming convention, I have dubbed this PC Amaretto (I name all the PC's and servers after liquors or drinks, and the router/firewall is aptly name Bouncer

Anyway, I will post pics when I get home, but here's what I have thus far:

Biostar M7NCG-400
    Athlon 2200+ Mobile
    512MB DDR 333
    80GB Desktop HD
    DVD-Rom (pull from Gateway )
    Athenatech HTPC case w/220W PSU (will be removed for Opus 150)
    Buffalo 802.11G WiFi in PCI slot
    4 port USB2.0 card in PCI slot (both PCI's low profile)
    BU-303 USB GPS

What I need:
    DigitalWW DWW-7VGA monitor
    Opus 150
    Someone who knows how the hell to wire this thing

I think I am going to keep the stock HU and mount the screen below (assuming I have enough clearance from the HU dials, if not I'll have to get a cheapy HU and switch them). PC I think I am going to bolt to the rear seats since I have a hatchback, the hatch cover will keep it out of sight.

After fighting with the board to run stable with the proc, the software building has begun

Suggestions, flames, or feedback welcome.
    We you did say "FLAMES", and it does seem to be that the name is kinda "Flaming" if you know what I'm saying...(light in the loafers) Amaretto, is a sweet drink, you want a name that doesn't sound so....(limp wristed) How about "Beer", or even better "Whiskey", but Amaretto, sound a little too, ya know...
    BossTone74

Comment

Originally posted by bosstone74
      We you did say "FLAMES", and it does seem to be that the name is kinda "Flaming" if you know what I'm saying...(light in the loafers) Amaretto, is a sweet drink, you want a name that doesn't sound so....(limp wristed) How about "Beer", or even better "Whiskey", but Amaretto, sound a little too, ya know...
      Suggestions? Here's what taken:

Bourbon
      Everclear
      Budweiser
      Scotch
      Stoli
      Patron

It has to be something that will fit in the NetBIOS scheme, and preferably doesn't have a space. Fire at will
      Carputer Worklog
      Carputer Progress:

Comment

How about SoCo
        or KetelOne
        or Whiskey?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer03
          How about SoCo
          or KetelOne
          or Whiskey?
          Thought about Whiskey, I think Bourbon may have covered it though

I am curious to see what comes out of this thread though
          Carputer Worklog
          Carputer Progress:

Comment

Little update:

No pics because I was too busy installing different front ends. I have decided I am going to tackle the software deployments before I start on anything else. Getting bootscreens loaded, and working with Frodoplayer, MediaCar, and Road Runner.

I am impressed though, with no services tweaking on my part, the boot with network enabled and autologin is a little over 30 seconds.
            Carputer Worklog
            Carputer Progress:

Comment

How about naming it after my good ol' friend Jack.

Comment

I have a 2002 Civic Si and I'm starting to work on my CarPc as well. I'm using a Dell D600 Laptop to do mine. I'm trying to find a decent screen to mount in the Si dash without keeping the stock head unit. I want it to be a VGA Touchscreen like the Xenarc and Lilliput. I also have a 5-channel amp that will run all 4 speakers and sub off of one stereo input without using splitters.

Good luck with your project!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Batmanatthenewb
                  Nice to see someone else from central Ohio.

Batman
                  Heck yeah! Drop me a PM if you want to get together sometime.
                  Carputer Worklog
                  Carputer Progress:

Comment

Originally posted by esmith13
                    I have a 2002 Civic Si and I'm starting to work on my CarPc as well. I'm using a Dell D600 Laptop to do mine. I'm trying to find a decent screen to mount in the Si dash without keeping the stock head unit. I want it to be a VGA Touchscreen like the Xenarc and Lilliput. I also have a 5-channel amp that will run all 4 speakers and sub off of one stereo input without using splitters.

Good luck with your project!

Eric
                    I don't think I understand you, you do or do not want to keep the stock HU? Personally, I want to keep it in place just so I can have radio and play CD's (not like I do much now, but I hate to lose functionality) I am planning on putting a DWW-7VGA on the bottom DIN where the pocket is now. The only thing that concerns me is when I swivel the screen to the left (since the dash has quite a slope to it, as I'm sure you know) if it would bang into the volume knob on the HU. In that case, I would rip out the stock HU, probably invest in a semi-cheap amp, and go from there.
                    Carputer Worklog
                    Carputer Progress:

Comment

Working...
                    X