No announcement yet.

1995 Saturn SC2

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Saturn SC2

My crappy carputer. Its a M6000 powered by a OPUS90w that boots from a 13 gig 3.5" hdd and outputs a composite signal to my widescreen lcd. Nothing special, YET!

widescreen lcd

Your typical 10$ Walmart tool box velcro'd into a messy trunk. (carputer inside)

a $2 electrical conduit box modified with switches that control power to the lcd(bottom) and the opus remote line (top, obviously)

I am finally back home so I again have a driveway to work in. yay yay!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!11!!!1!!one!!!1111
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Hey if it works for you, enjoy! Could be a lot worse.

Only thing is that screen. It is begging to be stolen. Good Luck

That tool box blends right in, if there wasn't a fan grille I would have never suspected it to be the comp.
    Mobo= Epia V
    Ram= 640mb
    Ps= m1-atx
    Screen= Lilly 7" ts
    Hd= 40gig
    case= 1/10 scale model of my car (04 Saturn Ion QC)
    soundcard= soundblaster mp3+
    GPS= Holux gm-210

the screen has a quick release on it and gets stowed under the seat out of view. I am thinking of bulding some sort of enclosure around it to give it the apperance of being built into the dash, kinda like the Toyota Prius. I hope that would be a theft and police deterant.

Yes, yet another Saturn install
        00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
        Newest install - my quickest ever
        My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
        My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Well, the screen is pretty much screaming to be stolen, but as long as you put it away when you park.

I like the idea of using an "electrical conduit box" for switchs, may have to look into something like that myself, as I've been toying with where I can put switchs without cutting anything up...
          Zen Fat Loss

Ok, where should the LCD go? I am ready to perm mount it in, but I just cannot deceide how or where to put it.

I have no input onthe screen, though haveing owned and 95 saturn I know there is not a lot of room for a monitor in the cabin.

But, I have to tell you that tool box set up is great. Disguising the computer as an every day item, that is innovative.

Nice job.
              Joshua Jones - New Folk Singer Songwriter & Web Site Design (Yep, that's what it says)
              Micro ATX MB, 1.6 Ghz AMD AthlonXP-M, 512MB RAM, 20G 2.5" HD, Thinline DVD, 10" Touchscreen Display (Front)
              Web Log

Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                I'M DEBT FREE!!
                I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

i think i mentioned that same place in another thread in fabrication... its seems to be best!
                  RIP 1993 civic sedan
                  RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Ok, so the carputer was out for the whole Fall semester, and im ready to get it back in.

The first problem I remember having was that after about 20 or so startups from hibernation, the carputer would freeze about 5 minutes after startup. This would require me to stop the car, unhook the main power cable from the carputer and reconnect it. This is a pain in the arse.

So the new carputer will have a built in relay that will be placed between the main power feed and the opus. With the coil unloaded, the relay will allow current through to the opus. A momentary switch will then be placed between a 12volt source and the coil on the relay.

When the carputer freezes, all I need to do is hold the momentary switch for about 10 seconds to remove the power from the opus to allow a fresh reboot.