BND's CarPC v.3.0 (Lot's of Pics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BND's CarPC v.3.0 (Lot's of Pics)

Sup Guys? It's been a long time, since I last posted something about my CarPC.

I'm in the stage of getting te parts, and i almost have everything... Today I had sme fun... I painted the Case I'm going to use as a Case for my pc. I got it from turbocad6 (THX) and ripped apart the 300 MHZ pc that was in it. Now, i'm going to put a BOSTAR setup together.

Specs are:

Biostar M7NCG 400 Motherboard (Fraychild - $45 with fix)
    AMD Athlon XP-M 1800+ (45W) Processor (ebay - $55 shipped, still in the mail)
    Kingston Valueram 512 Pc 2700 (Zipzoomfly.com - $45 shipped)
    Thermaltake Volcano 10+ Fan (Random site - $19 shipped) - This is a low profile fan... Pic later
    200 GB Western Digital 7200RPM 3.5" HDD (had it for more than a year and a half for storage)
    DVD-ROM drive, and Floppy drive that came with the old pc

Still to get:
    In-Dash Monitor (haven't decided yet which one to use, any help appretiated)

So i went to god ols Walmart and picked up some paint, and tools to paint the case. I need to have something costum...

Than I cleaned the whole case with 70 proof Alcohol (also used for healing wounds) and went outside, taped the areas to be protected with masking tape. Started out with the first color, and sprayed...

The sidepanels

the front piece of the front piece

The top and back part

The back part of the front part

And the top again...

Than after a while: here's Stage 2: Tons of coats later...

getting the second color on it.

Prepairing

the work area

And after i finished with that stage 3 came along: Color number 3. I was soo into it, that i didn't take any pics of stage 3, and realised it only after i was done

so here's the end product:

It's not like it's the best paint job in the world, but for me, it's good...

And now the pc all toghether:

And how the case looks inside. I swear this is the most compact case i've ever seen. Perfect for a carpc. I'm still waiting on the processor, it's coming from canada, and takes time, as soon as i will have that in, i'll put it together...

And the fan i'm going to use:

Just for reference how small the fan is. And it's rated to XP 3200+ so even if i overclock it, no problem...

Comment

So comments ON, and let me know what you think. I'm really hoping to get all the money together for the screen, so i can put it in the car ASAP

cheers.

Comment

looks great, can't wait to see it finished.

So, you think that you'll everything put together before the meet?
        Installed
        Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
        512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
        Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
        [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

nice that looks tight jsut a lil tip i might be wrong i might be right but i think it might come out better this way if you

sanded down the whole piece with about a 80 grit sand paper and then went to smoother paper and wet sanded so basicaly it lost all its original shine then primer it and then paint it and it will stick way better and look smoother :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro
            looks great, can't wait to see it finished.

So, you think that you'll everything put together before the meet?
            If someone donates me like another $100 i'll be able to get the indash, and probably have the carpc in there by the meet. I'm only hoping that the processor comes in time...

Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
            nice that looks tight jsut a lil tip i might be wrong i might be right but i think it might come out better this way if you

sanded down the whole piece with about a 80 grit sand paper and then went to smoother paper and wet sanded so basicaly it lost all its original shine then primer it and then paint it and it will stick way better and look smoother :-D
            Yes, probably, but it's not have to be pefect. It has to be costum. I don't think anyone has the same case i do, the pc, maybe, but not the case... I like to keep things uniqe...

Comment

That is exact same fan I am using on my mobile XP-2500. Slim Volcano 10 I think.
              Expect CPU temp to reach 50C when Case temp is 35 (Asus Probe/MB monitor).
              2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
              89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
              Y2K Accord Dell GX150
              RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
              EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

so.. the question is.. can you pull it all together by the next meet?
                Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by tj!2k4
                  so.. the question is.. can you pull it all together by the next meet?
                  depends on how i push the stuff i have for sale... i'm really cose to getting the motorized. Help me out peps I really wanna have this together by the meet...

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
                    That is exact same fan I am using on my mobile XP-2500. Slim Volcano 10 I think.
                    Expect CPU temp to reach 50C when Case temp is 35 (Asus Probe/MB monitor).
                    I'll also be usint Arctic Silver 5 for compound... It worked wonders on my laptop...

Comment

Originally posted by BoyNextDoor
                      I'll also be usint Arctic Silver 5 for compound... It worked wonders on my laptop...
                      I just bought AS 5, but didn't have time to put it in yet. Currently I used AS 2 I think (got it from my bro).
                      I hope AS 5 can help lower the temp by 5 or 7 degree different between case and cpu.
                      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

hey bnd, I like that one better than the last one.... made out of cardboard & packing tape wasn't it

I still have that p4 mb if you want it.. I see you got this togeather with something else.....

how are you going to mount that in the car?
                        MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Originally posted by turbocad6
                          hey bnd, I like that one better than the last one.... made out of cardboard & packing tape wasn't it

I still have that p4 mb if you want it.. I see you got this togeather with something else.....

how are you going to mount that in the car?
                          I have the sub in the trunk, and on top of that. I'll probably use tons of velcrow to stick it to the top of the sub, and that way it won;t slide side to side.

P4 board. I'm not going to need it for use, but i need dough badly, so i'd probably sell it, if you still want to opart with it. Yet again i appreciate your contribution, meaning i'll mention your name on my window sticker on the meet You gotta give credit where it belongs.

I'm only waiting on the processor right now, and the pc is together. It's going to be an AMD xp-m 1800+ (1.53 Ghz) setup, probably i'll overclock it to the limit of the Opus 150... And cooling.

Cheers

Comment

you can have it either way....I'll probably never do anything with it........if you can turn it to cash that's great..

that xp-m is going to be real nice, how much ram are you going to run it with?

mounting the pc case on the sub box is a bad idea....tiny delicate solder joints won't like the vibration & the hard drive won't like it either.... I'd say avoid having direct contact with the sub box....in the trunk would be o.k. but not on the sub box...it won't fit where you had the other one?
                            MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

no, it won't fit... yes, i'll take the mobo... also, i'm thinking of selling the two 8" kickers in the enclosure, and fix up a costum sub enclosure to the side of the trunk... Maybe for a nice JL sub... Still thinking about it though...

For now it's gonna be a 512, but i'll upgrade to 1GB later on (cash)

Comment

Working...
                              X