2000 Toyota 4Runner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Toyota 4Runner

This is going to be the start of my slow-moving CarPC install.

My car is a 2000 Toyota 4Runner.

The system will consist of:
    Mobo: VIA MII10000
    Ram: 512MB
    Hdd: 20Gig 2.5"
    GPS: Rikaline 6010
    Screen: 7" Lilliput
    Power Regulator: CNX-P1260

I'll add some pictures of the car, etc. when I get it cleaned up and get some time in the next few days. Just though I'd start this worklog to keep track from the beginning.

Progress: On hold while I pay off my new PowerBook :D
    Part List:
    VIA MII10000 - 512MB - 20Gig 2.5" - Rikaline 6010 - 7" Lilliput - CNX-P1260 - Alpine 4ch Amp - 4 Gauge wire and fused distrobution block.

I've got a 2000 4R too. Can't wait to see your work.

Comment

Looks like you've got the right components picked out. Good luck and keep us posted.
      2004 4runner

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

Unfortunately, this project may be taking a little break. I've been having troubles with my Lilliput and this school year's going to take more work than I'm used to (AP Calculus, AP Physics, Economics, college applications, work, etc.) and I just got a PowerBook for webdesign and applications that I need to pay off.

But as soon as I get some spare cash and time I'm getting this thing installed.

Progress: On hold while I pay off my new PowerBook :D
        Part List:
        VIA MII10000 - 512MB - 20Gig 2.5" - Rikaline 6010 - 7" Lilliput - CNX-P1260 - Alpine 4ch Amp - 4 Gauge wire and fused distrobution block.

Comment

At least you're not rushing into things to get it all done. Like Rando said, keep us posted.

Comment

hey i have a 2002 4runner with selver lined dash one of my ideas was not to take out anything from the dash instead . i was thinking of making a flip up cover that only covers the ac buttons and when you want it to open all you have to do is push it down and the lid flips up and you can see the screen. the cover should be easy to make with fiber glass but i dont know how to mount it if i made one. having a coil should be able to keep the screen up. and the best part of this design is that the screen is covered from the suns rays. so the screen wont go bad. its just an idea i think is worth giving a try.
            or even better you can bring in the swivel action with the same brackets they use for tablet pc.. i dont think with idea will work for anything bigger than a 7 inch touch screen cuz if you are driving the screen is gonna shake and the bigger the screen the more weights gonna be on the bracket

Comment

Working...
            X