Redoing system...yet again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redoing system...yet again!

So I figured I would take advantage of this relatively new work-log section and redo the stereo in my car!

Well...kinda....I've thought long and hard about my current system and have decided to ditch it for the most part and go with new equipment. I'm basically going to keep the same look just with new equipment.

Here's what's going to be going into this new set-up:

Audison LRx 4.300
    Audison LRx 1.400

Focal 40KX sub (15" sub)
    Focal Beryllium Tweeters

still keeping the K2P mids though since they are one awesome set of mids....

I'll be posting up pics etc of everything that goes on, if anyone is interested that is...

the sub and amps shipped out on monday the first so they should be here this week, placing the order for the tweets tomorrow!
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Very interested! I know very little about high end audio and would love to follow the progress to see what's involved.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

I just might be switching to linux in the car if I can figure it out...that or I have a free mac mini wating for me at my boyfriends sisters place that I need to pick up....the only thing is that there is not a laptop drive big enough for me and my music files!
      Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

congrats on the audison sponsorship...

sounds like a nice setup. looking forward to seeing your new system.

Comment

not so much of an audison sponsorship, as much as I'm able to get their amps at a good deal, now if we win finals this year.....it might be a different story next year!
          Jan Bennett

Comment

FYI these are the amps:

VRx 6 Direct

VRx 1.500

and the sub:

Focal 40KX
            Jan Bennett

Comment

hook us up with the old stuff for cheap?

more seriously though - great job with all of your installs so far they've always been top notch.

Comment

I'm selling it all in full form (or trying to first)...check my post in the classifieds forum

=]
                Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
                  I just might be switching to linux in the car if I can figure it out...that or I have a free mac mini wating for me at my boyfriends sisters place that I need to pick up....the only thing is that there is not a laptop drive big enough for me and my music files!
                  Plug a portable firewire external into it. I saw a 250 for less than $200 the other day.
                  Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                  I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                  Want to:
                  -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                  -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

yeah - it just kinda going around the point of using the Mac Mini to me...lol

I'll keep looking into it and see if I think it will work though!
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

ok - well there's been a slight change in plans for a few reasons:

after getting the new price sheets (damn the dollar and it's sucking right now) it ended up being a good $5-600 more than I was expecting. As it was the price difference was going to hurt but I was just going to suck it up.

After much consideration I've decided to back it down to teh LRx series amplifiers.

This way I'm not out any money since my current equipment will pay for this new equipment when it's sold.

Still going with the single 15" 40KX sub from Focal, but will be using the Audison LRx 4.300 and 1.400 amps.

One reason for this decision is that we have been told that if we do win finals, Audison/Focal will do what they can to 'put us on payroll' what ever that means...lol

so why would I go buy the most expensive amps now, possibly win finals, then have them offer all the equipment to me at a much better price....I wouldn't need it if I already have it..lol

So we ordered the amps and sub yesterday...hopefully they shoud be here within the week so we can start on the car!
                      Jan Bennett

Comment

add to that the change to the Beryllium tweeters from Focal. Made a few calls and am able to get just the tweeters right now (the entire speaker set would run $1500 at cost {$4000 retail} alone). Besides that, the K2P mids provide a lot more mid range kick.

So this means that we will be redoing the pillars as well!
                        Jan Bennett

Comment

http://www.mj-garage.com/gti/rebuild/album/index.html

there's pics form today.

Didn't get started until late in the day (3ish??)

that's it for now!
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

jeez red, you've got some hairy hands.
                            My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                            2 Kicker Comp 10"
                            Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                            Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                            Check it out?!

Comment

lol

why thank you, I've worked hard on those....

that's monte....that's his toe in one of those pics too...lol
                              Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X