new to this forum , new install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to this forum , new install

hey peeps been reading this board for a while and cant get enough of it ( awsome!!) anyway here is what i have , 1 lilliput touch screen monitor , 1 2.5 inch 30 gig floppy , i micro atx m/b (1ghz) , 512k ram , fullsize 3.5 inch dvd rom cdr ,opus psu, 4 channel amp , here is the question , i have a switcher (audio 1,2,3 ex. xm radio, or rear dvd or pc for sound and was gonna add a volume control infront of the amp , that way i figured if i have pc problems or delayed start up i still have rear dvd audio and xm audio. or should i just run it all through the pc ??

Ya you have to install this in your car and then post in this forum.

Comment

Seems like this should probably go in worklogs instead.
      Zen Fat Loss

Comment

started molding monitor in dash...

started molding monitor in dash... secured liiliput housing with epoxy(60 min set ), then added plastic filler panels also with same epoxy then used a filler with fiber glass fibers to start molding , i am ready to start smothing (bondo of some sort) tomorrow and then spot putty / primer

Comment

nice guitars you have there...

but anyways good luck with the molding.

Comment

Roh roh... another xB member

Looking great!

Comment

Originally posted by professorjason
              hey peeps
              WE ARE NOT MARSHMALLOW CHICKENS! PAY ATTENTION!!!!
              PEEPS:

PEOPLE:

ARE WE CLEAR NOW?!?!?!?!?
              been reading this board for a while and cant get enough of it ( awsome!!) anyway here is what i have , 1 lilliput touch screen monitor , 1 2.5 inch 30 gig floppy , i micro atx m/b (1ghz) , 512k ram , fullsize 3.5 inch dvd rom cdr ,opus psu, 4 channel amp , here is the question , i have a switcher (audio 1,2,3 ex. xm radio, or rear dvd or pc for sound and was gonna add a volume control infront of the amp , that way i figured if i have pc problems or delayed start up i still have rear dvd audio and xm audio. or should i just run it all through the pc ??
              That really depends on how much faith you put in the reliability/stability of the PC. If you've got a stable system, run it all through the PC and control everything that way. If the PC isn't stable, then the external audio switch is the way to go.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

almost done with dash and fabbing up pc chassis that will also house hard drive and possibly psu

Comment

I love the use of the orignal double din chassis from the old head unit. *thumbs up*
                  That's pretty damn cool!

Comment

i actually just used the head units mounts and welded some crossbraces where i wanted them

Comment

nice bracketry.... nice mould job so far.... keep it up.....
                      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

decided to use a head-unit afterall (to control volume sorce etc...) picture of dash installed in primer ( sending out for paint next week)

Comment

Working...
                        X