Project Pony has begun =))

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Pony has begun =))

Ok finally rounded up all my items that i wanted to use to build my Carputer. The car is a Screaming Yellow 2005 GT Mustang.

The car fresh off the showroom floor =)))

Back end

We will be removing the factory shaker500 that sucks!
    Project Pony Has Begun!

my camera kinda is low resolution so the pics are kinda bad =)

Got the center consol out the radio and the door skins off

Left hand door totally stripped

Right hand door totally stripped

side view of the radio hole

where the factory radio was. plenty of room back thier!

American Musscle ;-)

Back to work! More to come!

Shane
    Project Pony Has Begun!

Comment

Nice car man, can't wait to see more. Any ideas/specs planned out for the system?
      www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

If all goes well the wifey owes me a new Stang, so my goal is a 07 - GT 500, so as a worst case scenario I'm going to try and get a regular cobra. SO thankfully i get to try out everything in my 94 see what i like and what i don't. Boy i cant wait to see what you do to this beauty, what specs you going for?
        Cars
        1994 Mustang GT Punch 240.4 2 12" Kicker Comp SOLD :(

2006 Suzuki Aerio Sx Kicker KX 650.4 RE 10

2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition DVD - Navigation Package Traded in for 2008 XL-7 Limited

Car PC
        Planning

Comment

Originally posted by racerx3165
          If all goes well the wifey owes me a new Stang, so my goal is a 07 - GT 500, so as a worst case scenario I'm going to try and get a regular cobra. SO thankfully i get to try out everything in my 94 see what i like and what i don't. Boy i cant wait to see what you do to this beauty, what specs you going for?
          yeah 07 gets the GT500 i will be trading in haha. Got the 05 to tide me over ;-) When i bilt my house 2 years ago had to sell my 03 Cobra i loved that car hehe.

Shane
          Project Pony Has Begun!

Comment

Originally posted by SnyperBob
            Nice car man, can't wait to see more. Any ideas/specs planned out for the system?
            Computer specs are as followed:

-intel MicroATX
            -2.4 Celeron D Processor
            -512mb Ram
            - 2.5 80gig Hard drive
            - slim dvd rom
            - WinTV fm/tv tuner
            - Audigy 2 ZS PCI
            -Opus 150 watt power supply
            -BU-853 GPS
            -Xenarc 700TSV
            -XM Satalite Radio Tuner

Software:
            -WinXP
            -RoadRunner
            -IGuidance

front door Speakers:
            -6x8 Pioneer TS-A6870R
            -Factory 8" subs

Rear Deck Lid:
            -6x8 Pioneer TS-A6870R

Amp:
            Sony 4 Channel Xplod 500watt (thats all they had :/ )

Computer is officially built. Just need to put the rest of the sides on it and swap out the full size dvd for the slim line. It should be here Monday or Tuesday at latest.

Got the speaker wiring ran and the monitor wiring ran. Would take pictures but its all under the carpet hehe. Heres some of the comuter though =)

The front panel matches my car hehe

That puppy is crammed full. Hope I dont have heating issues :/

other side

More to come!
            Project Pony Has Begun!

Comment

looks sweet. I want a new mustang! Is that a shuttle pc case?
              Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

Originally posted by pRoFiT
                looks sweet. I want a new mustang! Is that a shuttle pc case?
                aspire q-pack. gonna eventually get some subs for the trunk and will build it all in. Once i get it all installed and it has proven itself i will make the trunk all nice.

Shane
                Project Pony Has Begun!

Comment

Looking good. I hope you dont screw up your '05

Comment

Originally posted by Escalade182
                    Looking good. I hope you dont screw up your '05
                    nah i have drove mustangs since i was 17 i can totally take them apart in my sleep ;-)

Shane
                    Project Pony Has Begun!

Comment

I meant with the dash work (im escalade182)

Comment

Originally posted by Sound Siren
                        I meant with the dash work (im escalade182)
                        actually the dashconsol was very easy to take apart. the damn door skin had 3 times the bolts in it then the center consol and dash lol. Gotta love cars now adays its all snap together hehe.

Shane
                        Project Pony Has Begun!

Comment

got a bit more done today. Put some of the trim back on the drivers side since all the wires are 100% ran thier. Got the rear deck speakers in.

Got the monitor in and mounted. Used mbkowns great ideal to mount it.

Sun was kinda bright =)

the other day got tired of trying to fish the speaker wires threw the door
                          so i said FU*@ IT! and drilled holes lol. Looks really good. Will put some loom on it and it will look 100% factory.

am gonna try to get the speakers in the doors tonight as well if my wife will let me you married guys know what i am talking about haha.

Shane
                          Project Pony Has Begun!

Comment

Originally posted by 05Stang
                            the other day got tired of trying to fish the speaker wires threw the door
                            so i said FU*@ IT! and drilled holes lol. Looks really good. Will put some loom on it and it will look 100% factory. Shane
                            OMG WTH are you thinking man! well it aint that hard to fish some wires through there

Originally posted by 05Stang
                            am gonna try to get the speakers in the doors tonight as well if my wife will let me you married guys know what i am talking about haha.Shane
                            I hear yah there its hard to put a CarPc in when you got 23 minutes a day if your lucky
                            Cars
                            1994 Mustang GT Punch 240.4 2 12" Kicker Comp SOLD :(

2006 Suzuki Aerio Sx Kicker KX 650.4 RE 10

2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition DVD - Navigation Package Traded in for 2008 XL-7 Limited

Car PC
                            Planning

Comment

Originally posted by racerx3165
                              OMG WTH are you thinking man! well it aint that hard to fish some wires through there
                              man thier is totally absoultly no way in hell to get the wire threw the factory door loom i assure you! I tried for 3 hours lol. I could not even a coat hanger to go threw with the loom it was that tight. thier was a small hole above it but i could not route 2 sets of 16 gauge wire threw it. I tried and tried...then i saw my drill....and a 9/16 bit and shortly their after the problem was very much solved haha. its totally waterproof (like it rains in texas anyways hehe) and with the loom unless i told you, you would never know ;-)

I broke down took the pc out thier and pluged it in the wall. i still do not have the opus in the computer. still adding and removing programs. All i can say is....I am in love! Had no sound since the amp is ofcourse not monuted or wired but man that monitor is sharp as hell. The only thing that bugged me was those 2 damn stuck pixles lol. thier off to the edge so no biggie =) but for a 400 monitor you think it would be perfect. I still totally love it. I am so excited! I dont remember how i found this forum and the carputer but you can bet your left nut (or right for that matter) i am glad i did. Good people here.
                              Project Pony Has Begun!

Comment

Working...
                              X