Daewoo Lanos (yeah thats right :))

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daewoo Lanos (yeah thats right :))

OK so most of you are already laughing as you opened this thread but but first my explanation. I have never bene able to buy my own cars as circumstances (write off's, lack of funds, parents) have ment I got the car to fit the situation. So I ended up buying mums Lanos.

Now I let this car go quite often, not cleaning it, forgetting oil and the like as I have never felt it to be my car. But not anymore. I figure I love computers therefore I will love my car with a computer in it.

I am leaving for work right now but pics and descriptions will come tonight.

Good Luck with it! =)

"The style is Italian. The structural design and engines are German. The safety engineering is British. Daewoo Lanos is a masterpiece of automotive engineering. Period. Download this screen saver to see for yourself."

http://www.krstdesign.com/ssavers/preview/lanos.html

lol
    Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by tj!2k4
      Good Luck with it! =)

"The style is Italian. The structural design and engines are German. The safety engineering is British. Daewoo Lanos is a masterpiece of automotive engineering. Period. Download this screen saver to see for yourself."

http://www.krstdesign.com/ssavers/preview/lanos.html

lol
      My girlfriend owns a daewoo .. allbeit a Cielo... but still a daewoo nonetheless.. and it is neither stylish, structurally strong, or safe. it doesnt deserve a car computer!
      2005 Nissan Xtrail
      DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

If people put them in Saturns, why not
        00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
        Newest install - my quickest ever
        My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
        My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

It may not deserve it, but it is getting it . I am a computer nerd who has outgrown the house (a server comp serving a TB, partners work comp, xbox linux and a MCE 2005 machine all linked up streaming everything) and I figured the natural progression now would be out to the car. Plus I am always getting lost hence the need for GPS (albeit a much more logical re: cheaper option)

I am not after booming sound or anything just all my music, some audio books, GPS and wifi.

Comment

Don't knock a Daewoo, my buddy has one with purple wal-mart tint and radio. Very pimperish.

Comment

If lego made cars, that'l be the daewoo
              Lez, more widely known as flez1966

Comment

Does anyone remember a few years ago at the NEC car show ford refused to take part because daewoo had a car their, and ford said its a show for motor manufactures, and as dawoo dont, they wont show alonside them?

Odd thing is most daewoos are reliable and cheap to own.
                Lez, more widely known as flez1966

Comment

OK I have run Speaker wire and ACC wire to the trunk. I split a spare length of speaker cable and used the copper length for the ACC wire (this should suffice shouldn't it?)

This wire has no markings as to which is positive and negative so heres the noob question and I am sure I am right. The copper wire is positive and the tin coloured wire is negative correct?

Ok First Photo is to demonstrate my improved patience and willingness to do a clean job, the skirting is off:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	skirting off.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	2248740

Nice wiring job

Name:	Nice Wiring.jpg
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	2248741

Ok this is my slight elan view as I check imaginery GPS

Name:	Slight lean view.jpg
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	2248742

And this is driving view which I guess is a good thing:

Name:	Actual View.jpg
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	2248743

And this is my box to date. Going to put an intake and outake 80mm fans in there as well as an Opus 150 enclosed
                  Attached Files

Comment

HEY its been awhile do you have finished pics??

Comment

Hell for a first install a daewoo is as good as as any. I have an '87 Camry and I installed a PC. Also you can use it for crazy experiments and not care if it goes wrong. I must say tho...I rented a Daewoo in italy and the thing was a POS and was the butt of every joke...but it worked, got fairly good mileage and got me from point a to point b well enough.
                      Brown 2010

Comment

good luck on ur project, quick question : on right hand drive cars where is the 1st gear? is it like left hand drive cars??

1 - 3 - 5
                        neutral
                        2 - 4

Comment

yup it is. and the pedals go clutch, brake, accel too!

Comment

No Finisehed pics yet, i rang out of money. No local suppliers of anything. even though I have already wired and have amp, all wires and fuses and a computer it will see cost me $700 AUD for a touchscreen and power supply

Comment

Working...
                            X