sigh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sigh

so yesterday i used my home pc's power supply and had some install problems. went to try it again and now my carputer wont turn on :/. any suggestions? all my jumpers look good...
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8.../positions.gif

Can you be any more vague?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

no. i asked my via epia V1k mobo if it wanted to give me any more **** and it just stared at me. so i gave it the finger.

Comment

delete this thread...stupid as ****...

Comment

eat my *** n00b. i was hoping for some words from someone who might be able to give me some advice...from someone who knows what their doing.

Comment

Well for that we need more info like:

Can you hear any beeps?
            What devices are connect to the MOBO?
            Did you check your Memory to see is full inset in the slot?? etc...

Thanatos.
            RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
            We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

yeah. sorry i didnt write that up. everything is in. no beeps. memory seated fine. i hadnt touched it since i unplugged it yesterday. its like the power supply isnt supplying the power but i dont see any damage to the mobo and obviously my PS works cause my home pc is farting around just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 3g Jester
                so yesterday i used my home pc's power supply and had some install problems. went to try it again and now my carputer wont turn on :/. any suggestions? all my jumpers look good...
                OK, noob.

For us to help you we will need to know what 'install problems' you had.

Did you get an error message installing the OS? What OS?
                Was it a device driver? What device?
                What (exactly by part number) hardware are you using?

Do you want to say 'eat my *** n00b' to me also?
                TruckinMP3
                D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Truckin you n00b, always being nice and helping as if this were some kind of community forum...

eat my ***

Comment

Originally posted by kirbycope
                    Truckin you n00b, always being nice and helping as if this were some kind of community forum...

eat my ***
                    I knew I could count on someone to step up... I think that is the first time I've called someone a noob.... Maybe he'll post the detail we need to be able to help the poor bastard.
                    TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

what detail? the puter was set up. perfect. end of story. thats what i told you and thats what it was.

so if the mobo, HDD, DVD and memory are all cool, PS works and the cables are fresh and work....what could it be?

that was the question. i know my question was vague. but it was difficult to understand becasue it was so simple. how can a good puter not fire up?

cause the switch was broken.
                      it was the only thing in the circuit i couldnt account for. so i used a jummper, connected the switch jumper points for a sec, and it fired up. boom i was in bios and the world keeps spinning.

Comment

i was just about to say i bet he forgot to short the power switch jumpers...

(because i just did the same thing - forgot the cable from opus to power switch jumpers!)
                        2005 Nissan Xtrail
                        DFI 855GME-MGF - Celeron M 1.4GHz - 256Mb RAM - 200Gb SATA HDD - OPUS 150w - Xenarc 700TSV

worklog

Comment

tja..if you had posted that two hours ago i woulda been a happier man

Comment

Originally posted by 3g Jester
                            what detail? the puter was set up. perfect. end of story. thats what i told you and thats what it was.

so if the mobo, HDD, DVD and memory are all cool, PS works and the cables are fresh and work....what could it be?

that was the question. i know my question was vague. but it was difficult to understand becasue it was so simple. how can a good puter not fire up?

cause the switch was broken.
                            it was the only thing in the circuit i couldnt account for. so i used a jummper, connected the switch jumper points for a sec, and it fired up. boom i was in bios and the world keeps spinning.
                            Everything was perfect?
                            It could have been any of the parts, thus the questions we asked.
                            TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Working...
                            X