Honda Del Sol Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Del Sol Project

Alright everybody, tomorrow I will be beginning my new project, A 1993 Honda del sol. most of the parts will be a direct swap from my previous project that happend to be cut short by an 18-wheeler. as for tommorow I hope to get some basic fabrication hurdles worked out and get a good idea as to what I want to do. It will be so sad ripping out the dash piece that I spent 70 hours on but I must move on. Also this worklog will feature some of the upgrades that are non-stereo or entertainment. first things going in will be the skunk2 STS w/neuspeed bushings and an intake possibly get those done tomorrow. This will be my second take at a molded screen and i once again have a pretty cool idea but we will see how it works out. hopefully tomorrow I will update with some pics of the car/progress.
    RIP 1993 civic sedan
    RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

glad you're "reborn" again i hop you'll have more luck (read funds) this time to finish the project.

cheers

Comment

Pics of the car. it still needs a bit (paint), but I love it. soon I will begin the molding of the screen.

RIP 1993 civic sedan
      RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

Ahhhh gotta love the 94 Del Sol S red clear coat paint. I used to have a Blue 94 Del Sol S. If it wasnt so damn slow Id prolly still have it. Im looking for a SI or VTEC sol right now. Great gas mileage and fun to drive.
        The end of the Internet offically begins here...
        www.broke-off.com

Comment

well it will be getting a new paint job, Electric Currant Red. it will be awesome. After that comes the B18c1 and the turbo :-p. I am starting a new job soon so I wont have any funding issues anymore!
          RIP 1993 civic sedan
          RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

Sweet whip. Always wanted a Sol, but never was a practical buy
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

thanks very much!
              RIP 1993 civic sedan
              RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

Originally posted by anky1
                cut short by an 18-wheeler
                ouch! i can't imagine. good luck on your new one.
                02 Accord Coupe EX V6

Comment

BTW whats under the hood? D15?

Comment

That's a Del Sol S, so it would be a D16 I think... I know my old '94 Del Sol Si had a D16Z6, the S is the non-vtec version of the D16Z6. Can't remember what it's called though.

Anyways, great little car! Can't wait to see how she turns out.

Comment

actually its a d15b7 i believe. 102 hp baby!! but its a ball to drive! I actually just finished removing what was left of the exhaust. most of it had succumb to rust and recently I foud the rest was dragging on the ground. so hopefully that B18c1 will be soon! I don't want to spend money on an exhaust I'm not going to keep!

Thanks for all the kind words! I can't wait to see how she turns out too!
                      RIP 1993 civic sedan
                      RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

Originally posted by anky1
                        actually its a d15b7 i believe. 102 hp baby!! but its a ball to drive! I actually just finished removing what was left of the exhaust. most of it had succumb to rust and recently I foud the rest was dragging on the ground. so hopefully that B18c1 will be soon! I don't want to spend money on an exhaust I'm not going to keep!

Thanks for all the kind words! I can't wait to see how she turns out too!
                        B18c1 eh? well damn, I guess if you are gonna swap a motor you might as well swap the best.

Comment

b18c1 acura gsr engine? correct? or is that b18c5 so many codes

Comment

GSR= b18c1
                            Type R=b18c5

me thinks

Comment

GSR is b18c1
                              Type-r is b18c5

main diff is comp. ratio which changes the output from 180hp to 200hp

but I want boost anyway so no sense in starting with 11.1:1 comp.
                              RIP 1993 civic sedan
                              RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

Working...
                              X