'95 Tahoe Center Console (Pics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '95 Tahoe Center Console (Pics)

It will house the computer and the headunit. Pretty basic besides that.

Mounting Plate

Cardboard Mockup

Transfered Template to 1/2" MDF

Quick jig I made

Tray that was fabbed in

Comment

that looks GREAT! i think you should extend the ac wires and put the ac controls in the upper area over the radio lol wow that sweet dude.
      i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Originally posted by EsKALad
        that looks GREAT! i think you should extend the ac wires and put the ac controls in the upper area over the radio lol wow that sweet dude.
        Grr, youve already convinced me it would be easier to just move them down in the upper console.

Comment

Fiberglassed the Front Today
          I took weather striping and put it on the front parts the touched the dash, then I wraped the front in fabric, brushed on some resin, and pushed it firmly against the taped off dash. When it dried, I had an almost perfect mold of the dash. Then I reinforced the back with 1.5oz matte. I still have a lot of sanding and filling to do.

Comment

looks to be coming along quite nicely!!
            RIP 1993 civic sedan
            RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

hehe sorry. i change my mind alot. mine is actually going to be start sanding tomorrow. ill post pics when i start
              i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Isn't there a handbrake in your car? And how about a gear shift (an automatic transmission?)?

Comment

Originally posted by A20
                  Isn't there a handbrake in your car? And how about a gear shift (an automatic transmission?)?
                  E-Brake is a pedal on the left side. Automatic transmission shifter is on the column.

Comment

Good to know . Nice work!

Comment

Flattened the top. Filled the holes.

Comment

LOOKS CLEANNNNNNNNNNNNNN keep up the good work!

Comment

I did some routing with a 1/4" roundover bit today. Also did a bunch of sanding and made the lower shelf (the one that will hold the computer.)

Comment

I used Rage Gold for the first time today. I highly recommend this stuff. Ready to sand in less than 10 mins, sands very easily, and its green. I also mounted the L brackets. They are only held on by one screw right now, but will be fiberglassed in in the next few days.

Then I made half of the extended wiring harness. The other end will have the connecter that is in the dash on all 88-02 GMs. Its about three feet long. I used 18 awg for the speaker wires, illumination, and remote, and then 12 awg for the power, ground, and ignition. I will probably end up grounding the headunit down on the floor though.

Comment

Primed the front.

Made the top with flush mount hinges

Comment

Working...
                              X