Okey folks..heres my new projects. My range rover is pretty much done and im just putting it back together now. I will post the finished pictures next week. At that time i will be starting two new carputer projects that will be for sale upon completion. Drewdizzy and i are opening up a business that will specialize in carputers and these two cars will be our first. I will start with the jetta and hopefully turn it around in 4 days then start work on the nissan. It has quite some work it need since i have to take it to the body shop for paint and all. Here are the plans for each car
1999 VW Jetta MK4 (mileage is 94,000)
- Complete custom upholstry job in two tone leather
- Indash 7" touchscreen
- all the usual computer features, gps, blue tooth, phone control etc
- Pc will serve as the head unit
- Indash slot load dvd drive
- 1 12" sony subwoofer in custom truck setup
- Sony xplode 500 watt 4ch amp
- all round euro lights (projecttor headlights, clear bumper and side lights, projector fog lights and euro clear tail lights)
This particular car will not be toned up too much but it will rock non the less. Sale price will be $13,500.00.
1990 Nissan 300ZX (milage is 55,000)
- Complete custom upholstry with leather, aligator and suede ( similar to my range rover)
- Indash 8.4" monitor (non touch screen)
- Built in touch pad mouse
- Some high end head unit (not chosen yet)
- all the usual computer features like gps, bluetooth, phone control, obd, wireless lan etc
- indash slot load dvd drive
- All alpine high end audio system setup ( 2 amps, 3 10" subs and all around component sets)
- Body kit, lambo doors, ferrari tail lights etc
This car will be totally pimped out. i will not make many mods to the engine to give the potential new owner the option of doing that him or her self. I had the option of upgrading it to a twin turbo, but my thing is the carputer and electronic side. I will give the new owner all options on engine mods.
...you think that you will be able to sell them for enough to cover the cost of doing all this? Risky
Yeah...the total amount of money invested in purchasing the cars AND upgrading then, is less than the actual value of the cars (with no modifications) so i will at least break even. The main objective is to get the word out about our car customizing business and see how the market reacts to it. so these two cars are just experiments really and if we dont make a profit...then we dont ...but thats the whole idea. Ihope this answeres your question red GTi
if you're simply doing it as an experiment, then it's all good.
However, a car is very rarely ever worth more money just because it has an audio system in it or it has custom work done to it. If anything, most of the time, the actual value of the car drops when there has been custom work done to it, unless it's simply mad crazy work.
The deal is that the current sony equipment is complete crap.
Just about any other name brand equipment will be better.