No announcement yet.

Subaru Impreza Wagon Carputer mk II

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru Impreza Wagon Carputer mk II

I previously had cut open my dash, stashed the via board and all the other peripherals in there, and mounted my screen on top:

This setup served me well for the past 3 or so years, however I recently moved to a slightly more urban enviroment and decided i want a stealthier install. In wanted to move the screen up where the cubby was (with gps in it, 2nd picture above) and make a custom faceplate where the gps and other peripherals could be intergrated. This is my work so far, if you want to read in more detail visit my flickr set for the project.

Hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks i'll complete it, and hopefully document the rest of the process.

Welcome to another Subaru!
    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ 80% progress (sold)

As a new member an the owner of a MY2000 Subaru Wagon I'll be glued to this thread for a while! Quick question, what size of screen (model?) did you manage to fit inside the upper dash compartment?

Thanks and good luck with the project!

i dont wanna rag on you, 'cause that install is lookin pretty good

but by stealth install, did you mean "stealth-but-the-gps-is-still-visible" install?

wow... that my friends, is an amazing install
          2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

Its a lilliput 7 inch, hacked into bits

I've just started with learning to do some molding to make it actually look a (bit) more stock . . . I added a usb hub on the center console, needs some more sanding but works for now:

the electrical tape around the screen will be removed, and hopefully i can throw together some sides for it which still fit in the cubby

dirtiest screen evar

the whole system so far

another showing the usb hub

Thanks all for the comments!

i guess by stealth i meant more "make it look like it would be a ***** to steal" . . . a dash mounted small screen gps isn't as much of a breakin attractor as a 7inch screen, and i like the idea of it being accessible even if the computers off . . . i am going to make it molded into the dash today and spray paint that whole panel, should have some more pics up soon