1993 Lexus SC 300

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Lexus SC 300

Well. I've entered the world of car modification today! I've been browsing around these forums for the last couple of months, just browsing. I finally got the courage to start messing with my car . Yippie

September 29, 2006
    Done:
    • Removed old amp
    • Found wiring diagram
    • Cut output wires(No input yet)
    • Installed new amp(Profile California 640sx)
    • Wired both front speakers(No back)
    To do[short term]:
    • Install back speakers
    • Wire REM into ACC
    • Mount Amp
    • Cut input wires
    • Wire input wires
    To do[long term]:
    • Buy/Install PSU
    • Install car computer
    • Buy/Install touchscreen
    • Run wires to computer and touchscreen and amp
    • Create basic stamp control for AC system(For pc integration)
    • Wire starting mechanism into computer(for remote start)
    • Electronic-a-tize the steering column and accelerator and brake
    • Install a camera for nighttime driving and remote driving
    Pics:
    My Setup:

My Trunk:

Closeup on Wiring for output

My Old Amp:

Reminds me of my install. Good luck with yours!

If you have any questiosn, feel free to ask me
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l View Post

Why does his trunk look cleaner than yours?

Peace,

Rafster
      Post # 3000

Comment

You're still not done with yours!?
        Lexus SC400
        Subaru WRX Wagon

Comment

September 30, 2006
          Done:
          • Wired rear speakers to amp

Comment

October 1, 2006
            Done:
            • Wired REM to ACC

More to come

Comment

Originally posted by ACleanSC4 View Post
              You're still not done with yours!?
              I was done with it except for the A/C controls. But I removed the entire system (except for the wiring) before I sent it to the paint shop.
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster View Post
                Why does his trunk look cleaner than yours?

Peace,

Rafster
                That's because he didn't remove the gat tank cover.
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

That's because he didn't remove the gat tank cover.
                  Does this "gat tank" come standard on Lexus SC300?? Maybe thats why people are spending so much money on a toyota with leather seats...
                  RIP 1993 civic sedan
                  RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

Originally posted by anky1 View Post
                    Does this "gat tank" come standard on Lexus SC300?? Maybe thats why people are spending so much money on a toyota with leather seats...
                    Spelling error

Well... its a toyota with leather seats which shares most of the suspension and power train with the supra, and costs less.
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Spelling error

Well... its a toyota with leather seats which shares most of the suspension and power train with the supra, and costs less.
                      I keed, I keed!! I know it shares a lot with the supra. But your comment about the cost... The Lexus costs less now but thats only because the car didn't hold its value as well. The supra's original list was about 6-9,000 less than a SC300. Also the fact that the Lexus was about 300 lbs more and has considerably less acceleration.

Personally I'd save up the extra 3000 and get a Supra... but the again I'm not a Lexus nut like you! haha.
                      RIP 1993 civic sedan
                      RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

I keed, I keed!! I know it shares a lot with the supra. But your comment about the cost... The Lexus costs less now but thats only because the car didn't hold its value as well. The supra's original list was about 6-9,000 less than a SC300. Also the fact that the Lexus was about 300 lbs more and has considerably less acceleration.

Personally I'd save up the extra 3000 and get a Supra... but the again I'm not a Lexus nut like you! haha.
                        Not only that, but your talking about a manual vs a Auto (man, don't get me started on the torque converters on autos)

But the engine is the same, you could actually put in a manual in the sc300 also drop in supra ecu chip and emission lines then there you get a lexus with supra power. Twin turbo it or just put a huge turbo in, instant smile!

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanZ View Post
                          Not only that, but your talking about a manual vs a Auto (man, don't get me started on the torque converters on autos)

But the engine is the same, you could actually put in a manual in the sc300 also drop in supra ecu chip and emission lines then there you get a lexus with supra power. Twin turbo it or just put a huge turbo in, instant smile!
                          Ummm... First off the Lexus comes standard with a manual transmission . Second, the engine is not the same, the base SC300 and the Supra have different compression ratios, displacement, etc. and my information is based on the base models of both. The difference in the higher end models is even greater based on engine size and horsepower figures. The weight difference between the SC400 and the Supra TT RZ is still roughly 300 lbs. Bottomline the SC300 is a very sluggish, heavy, luxury car. Which in my opinion is probably why they didn't hold their value in comparisons to the Supra. That and The Fast and The Furious.
                          RIP 1993 civic sedan
                          RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

Ummm... First off the Lexus comes standard with a manual transmission . Second, the engine is not the same, the base SC300 and the Supra have different compression ratios, displacement, etc. and my information is based on the base models of both. The difference in the higher end models is even greater based on engine size and horsepower figures. The weight difference between the SC400 and the Supra TT RZ is still roughly 300 lbs. Bottomline the SC300 is a very sluggish, heavy, luxury car. Which in my opinion is probably why they didn't hold their value in comparisons to the Supra. That and The Fast and The Furious.
                            I was talking about the the Supra Twin Turbo's (TT) Getrag V160 6-speed manual transmission (my mistake) not the 5 speed offered my lexus.

And about being sluggish, yes its' true, as a stock base line model, but not after a nice turbo upgrade, since David Henry was able to break a 9.71-second quarter mile on a 2JZ-GE NA-T with a completely stock bottom end and a 3mm head gasket w/ studs... but then again i'm just talking about the engine on my above example...interior was probably wiped clean.

Comment

I'd love to see a MKIV supra that costs $3k more than my car. Besides the supra costs 2x as much as my car costs, insurance for the MKIVs is about as high as for a new m3
                              The only reason that the supras cost that much is because of the F&F movies.
                              GammaControl v2.4
                              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                              X