More pictures here

nice as always

2006 Mazda 3
    Behringer DCX-2496
    JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
    JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

Thank you Dennis5587

i'll post more pics with the new set of screens, i think it would give better result in harmony with the instruments cluster and other devices.

Comment

Comment

New version with simplicity in mind, less graphics but more direct access

Here playing video...

still playing video but in a small form, the program allows now toggle between small and full screen.

everything has been rewritten inside to allow i-bus entering in the game...

Comment

SWEEEEET.....car aint half bad either

Comment

Thanks slickdeville, i forgot to mention that i'm on the way to add a new thing inside the software, while i'm tampering with i-bus, today i did a little travel with my car and my gps software offers speed traps positions but it works only when i use gps, now if i'm listening music or "listening" a video clip or doing anything else or simply let the system idle, i have no informations about speed traps...this is stupid isn't it ?

So i added this evening in the main software what is needed to read the crap coming from the gps. With this and a sqlite or mysql database containing radar's positions, i will have the data about speed traps and compare if i'm within an area containing speed trap. It will display on screen an alert with several different sounds to distinguish if fixed or mobile speed camera or with the voice synthesis...i'll try both to check which is the less annoying when daily used

Comment

kraft - Very nice set. Have you figured out how to retain the board computer controls?
                I live my life one quarter pounder at a time..,
                You see that entrance over there? It's exactly 1 heart attack away.
                When I finish my coke I am going for it.

Comment

I suppose i will have to play with the OBDII but it seems that there is a bridge between i-bus and OBDII, i stumbled on some information which shows the scheme of the overall system in BMW, maybe i'm wrong....i don't know at the moment but anyway i must find because i dropped the car's computer from the car but i want to recover the original functions and add more functions or why not program sequences making the car a bit smarter or easier to play with in a word tuned to my use

Comment

Finally added what i said before. Actually having informations about radars, distance, nature of the trap (automated camera, mobile camera, red lights camera), actual speed all this while listening to music, this avoids me having the boring gps working on roads i know how to drive from one point to another, i.e. when i'm on highway i don't care about gps to give me directions but i would like to have informations about newly set traps.
                    The distance trigger can be defined
                    It displays and announces the alert through the voice synthesis, indicating speed and distance as well.

Here's the screenshot of the thing working at home, have to refine a bit more the loop to allow a smooth function but anyway i'm near to the final result.

Comment

Is that temp sensor at the bottom stock?

Comment

It's the display from the stock clim control

Comment

Originally posted by kraft View Post
                          It's the display from the stock clim control
                          Nice , that skin you are using fits in very well with the gauges / cluster. Looks stock

Comment

Yea thats a very nice skin. Did you make it?
                            Is it available to download?

Comment

Originally posted by esachs View Post
                              Yea thats a very nice skin. Did you make it?
                              Is it available to download?
                              He's using a custom Linux o/s. I think it will be for sale on his site soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X