MKIV VW Golf 1.8t Worklog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKIV VW Golf 1.8t Worklog

Hey everyone, here is my new car. It's in desperate need of a wash but I just wanted some pictures. so enjoy

P.S. More updates as to the planned system and everything to come soon.
    RIP 1993 civic sedan
    RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

So..... I have decided against mounting a screen and going with a full blown carpc as of yet. This is mainly because I recently attained a Dell Axim X51v with a 4Gb SD card.

Until I decide I want to get rid of the factory head unit I will run the following set-up:

-Dell Axim X51v w/ 4gb SD card
    -ProClipUSA mounts for the golf and the Axim
    -Grom connector from InDashPC

This will achieve MP3 Playback at CD quality sound and should only cost a little over 140 with shipping (because I already own both the Axim and SD card).

This setup should be more than enough for my uses until I want to take that dive and either remove the factory headunit and replace with aftermarket or run with no Headunit.

Hopefully I can get all of the missing pieces ordered by the end of this month.
    RIP 1993 civic sedan
    RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

Reserved #2
      RIP 1993 civic sedan
      RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

nice car, one of the better golfs, the 1.8t is one of the better engiens
        VW .:R32

VW GTI 20th AE BMP

Comment

Thank you, I got it washed finally today even though it was raining... so tomorrow I will hopefully take some new pictures!
          RIP 1993 civic sedan
          RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

Originally posted by trititan View Post
            nice car, one of the better golfs, the 1.8t is one of the better engiens
            thats up for debate, but the 1.8t in the golfs isnt usually a problem. in the passats on the other hand either way, nice car! good luck with your carpc.
            Car Pc progress meter:
            [-5%-------------------] Carpc build #2. So far, 20$ deep! I love recycling!

"The car is the closest we will ever come to creating something that is truly alive" -Sir William Lyons
            My worklog

Comment

a passat 1.8t isnt the same as a golf / gti / jetta 1.8t
              VW .:R32

VW GTI 20th AE BMP

Comment

So, I've already driven my car over 1000 miles and its been over 1000 miles of pure joy. I also just yesterday "joey-modded" my headlights it came out pretty good! I will post pictures up as soon as I can.
                RIP 1993 civic sedan
                RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

welcome to the club....

and...ahem...the debate between teh 1.8T and the VR6 will live on for ages...just remember this...the VR6 has multiple cars in the 9s last I checked....the 1.8T had only one or so...

however, this isn't the point of this thread, not in the least.

Enjoy your ride. The dash is ideal for a 7" or 8" screen and a few other things as well.

Good luck on your install! If you're looking for some ideas, feel free to check out my web page with pictures of the install.
                  Jan Bennett
                  FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                    welcome to the club....

and...ahem...the debate between teh 1.8T and the VR6 will live on for ages...just remember this...the VR6 has multiple cars in the 9s last I checked....the 1.8T had only one or so...

however, this isn't the point of this thread, not in the least.

Enjoy your ride. The dash is ideal for a 7" or 8" screen and a few other things as well.

Good luck on your install! If you're looking for some ideas, feel free to check out my web page with pictures of the install.
                    Thanks Red,

As far as getting VR's and 1.8t's into the 9's... first off any car can be brought into the 9's all it takes is money. Second I'm not even sure if my car will be receiving any "Go-fast" mods as it is a daily driver and I need it to be running and ready 100% of the time.

When I do end up going ahead and mounting a screen I will be putting in one of the transflective upgraded ones, but it may be awhile. This time around instead of just putting something in to put something in I will be collecting everything I need before I install. Hopefully things will go much smoother that way.
                    RIP 1993 civic sedan
                    RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

Originally posted by anky1 View Post
                      As far as getting VR's and 1.8t's into the 9's... first off any car can be brought into the 9's all it takes is money.
                      Not every block has the strength to take the forces that will be exerted on it when pushing those kinds of numbers.

second I'm not even sure if my car will be receiving any "Go-fast" mods as it is a daily driver and I need it to be running and ready 100% of the time.
                      I understand completely. It's why we have one go fast, and one sound good, then there's our daily riders....our bikes...lol

When I do end up going ahead and mounting a screen I will be putting in one of the transflective upgraded ones, but it may be awhile. This time around instead of just putting something in to put something in I will be collecting everything I need before I install. Hopefully things will go much smoother that way.
                      Good plan and good luck! Be sure to post plenty of pictures!
                      Jan Bennett
                      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                        Not every block has the strength to take the forces that will be exerted on it when pushing those kinds of numbers.
                        Well, thats true. but I didn't say I'd keep the block stock. but if you're talking 9s you can't leave much stock anyway. even though there wouldn't be much 1.8t left after you replace EVERYTHING. But like I said with the right amount of $$$ you can make anything. I saw a 4000hp Acura Integra the custom fab work was probably insane $$$. But hey if you want a fast integra go for it.linky
                        RIP 1993 civic sedan
                        RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

Working...
                        X