No announcement yet.

[CoupeE46] BMW E46 2001 330ci CarPC ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, It looks like it is coming together quite nicely. Nice Job!
    I like the PC case and it was a good idea to mount it in the corner of the trunk like you did. I toyed with the same idea too but my PC case was too thick compared to yours.
    2001 BMW 330ci car PC
    Worklog
    Finished Project
    Watch what people do on your PC (car PC too)!

Comment

Originally posted by Zebel View Post
      Hey, It looks like it is coming together quite nicely. Nice Job!
      I like the PC case and it was a good idea to mount it in the corner of the trunk like you did. I toyed with the same idea too but my PC case was too thick compared to yours.
      thanks .. lol.. now the touch screen isnt working ?? well it works when i calibrate and test draw.. but it wont work on the whole windows enviroment ?? lol..

Comment

and the skins..

sun came down.. so better lighting.. .. here are a couple of skins i am currently debating on using..

the IDRIVE ::

or

the E36 ::

personally i like the E36 Menu layout the font/color matches my climate control/instrument cluster font/color .. but the idrive gives it more of the BMW feel.. well i might run the idrive for now...

ohh ya, i'll post more pics of the GPS/Playlist/Movies/Traffic/Google Satellite/FM Radio.. and other features when i aquire the parts later this week..

-Steph'

Comment

Nice pics and nice work!
          http://www.mybimmer.net

Comment

Hey nice photos... Let me give you a little advice on the pics, although you picked up a good time to take pthe photos (sunset), you should also reduce the backlight and brightness of your LCD monitor. I had the same problem when I was tryingto take "show off" photos, the screen images got too over exposed.
            2001 BMW 330ci car PC
            Worklog
            Finished Project
            Watch what people do on your PC (car PC too)!

Comment

Originally posted by Zebel View Post
              Hey nice photos... Let me give you a little advice on the pics, although you picked up a good time to take pthe photos (sunset), you should also reduce the backlight and brightness of your LCD monitor. I had the same problem when I was tryingto take "show off" photos, the screen images got too over exposed.
              thanks..

Comment

Nice you finished it in 2 pages
                lol

Comment

Which wires did you end up running? Monitor, audio, USB, Power

Comment

Originally posted by texas319 View Post
                    Nice you finished it in 2 pages
                    lol
                    haha. ya.. but many thanks to zebel who helped me a lot along the process..

Originally posted by texas319 View Post
                    Which wires did you end up running? Monitor, audio, USB, Power
                    only wires i ended up running was the SVGA/4 RCA/USB/Power:Ground (for monitor) and extra wire to tap into the 12V switch in the harness.. i figure all i need is 1 usb cable running to the dash, that way save room and i can always just use a usb hub connected to that one usb if i need more usb port up front at the dash..

Comment

update ::

so i ordered the Holux bluetooth GPS, and that came in.. ::

its great, i can locate the GPS receiver anywhere i like, and take it out when i dont need it. it also works really good, i was able to get good signal strength, with the BT dongle being in the trunk..

another piece i purchased is an OPUS 250w PSU ::

works like a charm.. PC is powered really well and everything works really well.. only drawback is there is no Case out there that can house the PSU as well as my Motherboard, even my current case wont be able to accomodate both Motherboard and PSU.. So i found a guy here on the forums that builds custom S.S case, and has him building me one.. Cant wait until that is all done and finish

Oh ya, I also picked up Mappoint 2006

its an awesome software, used it to get from my house to my cabin in Bear Mtn.. and it works great.. only Drawback is since its displaying on a 7" screen, its kinda hard to see all the small details, and also i am having soe problems haing it integrated with RoadRunner...

ohh.. almost forgot, purchased PhoneControl.NET

its a great piece of software, it works great with my 8125 CIngular.. one problem, i purchased the product put in the serial key, but at the moment my carpc has no internet hookup so i cant activate..

anyhow, thats it for now... I still am waiting for the M-Audio Firewire soundcard, Soundgate Line Driver, and new Wireless ..

-- Comment/SUggestions appreciated..

-Steph'

Comment

UPDATE ::

so its been awhile since i last updated.. anyhow, i have some free time right now, so thought i would update on a follow-up.

------

OPUS 250w PSU.. I used that, and all my earlier reseting problems, black screens, white screen fade to black screen, crap were pretty much eliminated.. So in conclusion, i would have to say the M2-ATX is CRAP!! i actually ordered another one to see if maybe it was a defected version i had received, well the new M2-ATX from a different supplier came in, and still same problems with it. So i ended up sticking to the OPUS.

Now, my next problem with the opus, is it is to damn BIG!! to fit in my current case, so i have it setup on the backside of the case mount, which means now i have the ATX and molex connectors all fuzzed out and looks kinda tacky, so my next project is to build some type of cover that will cover the whole mount that way the wires are hidden and cant really see the tackiness ..

--

Mappoint 2006, ok so this software is great has lots of POI and lots of cool useful tools and pretty accurate. One problem, is i have a 7" screen, so visibility is really crappy when running it under RoadRunner, so i usually end up minimizing road runner and run the software itself, which still isnt that great of an improvement from when it was running in Roadrunner.

So, though i still have mappoint on there (mainly because of its many POI) i am going to test out freedrive, I also finally picked up Iguidance, so going to actually give that a try later this week and see how that goes ??

----

HOLUX bluetooth GPS, probably one of the greatest buy i have done so far on this carputer build, not only did it work properly upon install, it actually has a pretty good range and the lithium battery actually lasts for quite awhile, the advantage of it being wireless is even better!!! when not using i just unvelcro it from the back and put it in the glove box compartment, that way keep the dashboard nice and stock looking ..

----

Phone Control.NET , ok got to mess around with it for awhile, and its pretty nice. i like it.. just one problem .. at the moment i have been to lazy to purchase a new Wireless dongle for the system, so i have no means of internet .. well upon purchasing the license for the software I can not activate it because it requires connection to the server, which i can not do at the time being.. which really sucks because now i am limited to what i can do on the software until i get internet plugged in . but all in all, its pretty useful and works pretty good..

-----

a few more things to come in the next 4 weeks..
                        -Steph'

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeE46 View Post

Phone Control.NET , ok got to mess around with it for awhile, and its pretty nice. i like it.. just one problem .. at the moment i have been to lazy to purchase a new Wireless dongle for the system, so i have no means of internet .. well upon purchasing the license for the software I can not activate it because it requires connection to the server, which i can not do at the time being.. which really sucks because now i am limited to what i can do on the software until i get internet plugged in . but all in all, its pretty useful and works pretty good..

Email Zoran (Zorro) he can give you an activation via email.

Comment

here is a pic taken from today, with a video file being played .. i love it ..

Comment

looks good bro! I dont want to hijack your thread but here's my setup in my 325ci. My question here is I have a slim desktop pc and it has a built in power supply. What would be the best device to use instead of an inverter?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                                Email Zoran (Zorro) he can give you an activation via email.
                                sweet.. deal.. thanks .. i assume he is on the forums ?? i dont really have his email.. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X