Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preorder Now- BoomzBox HD Radio USB Controlled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Preorder Now- BoomzBox HD Radio USB Controlled



    The mp3Car BoomzBox is a USB controlled HD capable AM/FM tuner. The BoomzBox HD is a fully RoHS compliant HD radio tuner built from the ground-up for car PC use. The tuner box is smaller than similar devices on the market. Itís built with a solid aluminum casing to withstand automotive applications. The tuner box has 3 connections; an antenna input port, a pass-through antenna output port, and the 8-pin interface connector.

    Shipping January 26, 2010

    Have a product you would like to sell on the mp3Car Store? PM me for more information.

    Have a car computer question? Ask me by emailing the store.

  • #2
    Is this the one with USB audio? If so, I'm supposed to get the first available unit (Right Heather) I tried to pay for it at the Baltimore AFKFest.
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes Gizmo -

      I will let Stephen know that you are in the fast lane...he will be in touch Monday! We are not shipping quite yet, early next week.
      Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

      mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

      Feel free to pm me if you:
      • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
      • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
      • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
      • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

      Comment


      • #4
        So this unit is different from the Visteon / Directed radio's in that the audio signal is run down through the USB? So this would be less prone to interference from engine noise?

        I just ordered the Directed HD and Mitch cable from Mo-Co-So, if I had seen this I might have waited a couple of days longer!!! Price is a little bit more for this system, but if it meant I didn't have to play around with line in / mic in and interference, I would have been happy to spend the extra on this.

        Oh well, will have to wait and see whether the Directed + Mitch cable is better than the POS hqct-i that I am currently using, and if it isn't, you might get another customer!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chester View Post
          So this unit is different from the Visteon / Directed radio's in that the audio signal is run down through the USB? So this would be less prone to interference from engine noise?

          I just ordered the Directed HD and Mitch cable from Mo-Co-So, if I had seen this I might have waited a couple of days longer!!! Price is a little bit more for this system, but if it meant I didn't have to play around with line in / mic in and interference, I would have been happy to spend the extra on this.

          Oh well, will have to wait and see whether the Directed + Mitch cable is better than the POS hqct-i that I am currently using, and if it isn't, you might get another customer!!
          the directed will be light years better than the HQCT-i. And the primary difference is the usb audio between the directed and the boomzbox. Its much easier to install and configure the boomzbox for use. And its already supported by the main front ends in the forum.
          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

          Comment


          • #6
            *sigh* Wish I had looked into this before jumping into the Directed unit....I would prefer the USB audio on the boomzbox to using line in, one less point for interference.

            Ahh well, if the directed one doesnt do the trick for me, I will just have to put it back up on the market and buy the boomzbox!

            Comment


            • #7
              I would say you would be fine with the Directed unit. I have one and have had no issues with it. It is nice to see a new option surface though since it can be hard to find the visteon and directed units.

              Originally posted by Chester View Post
              *sigh* Wish I had looked into this before jumping into the Directed unit....I would prefer the USB audio on the boomzbox to using line in, one less point for interference.

              Ahh well, if the directed one doesnt do the trick for me, I will just have to put it back up on the market and buy the boomzbox!
              Click for my projects
              2006 F150 with removable Nexus 7

              2006 Mustang with indash CarPC (Retired)

              Comment


              • #8
                i dont want to argue usb audio, one thing for sure with usb audio it must be captured to be heard, and that takes CPU

                where direct line in, can even skip the pc and go to say a audio processor

                as for noise, if you get noise(engine whine) with the usb audio, it will much MUCH harder to solve..

                the advantage of usb audio is, if you DONT have any line in's on your PC/LAPTOP
                and mic inputs are not usually retaskable, unless you have HD Audio

                now both are better than the HCQT-1, hands down!
                -Thanks
                Mitch
                www.rush2112.net

                "Did you test it in carwings??"

                Sun, Come shine my way
                May healing waters bury all my pain
                Wind, Carry me home
                The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                The piece of me that died
                Will return To live again

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is a USB audio? Can't believe it!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    SO Whats the 2012 review of this? sounds like a dream com true!
                    Life Dosn't come with a reset button, if it did you might as well turn the game off.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by portabuddy View Post
                      SO Whats the 2012 review of this? sounds like a dream com true!
                      I still use one and love it, but sadly the Boomzbox has been discontinued.
                      mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        damm it!
                        Life Dosn't come with a reset button, if it did you might as well turn the game off.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                          I still use one and love it, but sadly the Boomzbox has been discontinued.
                          Me, too. And I must say its been the most trouble-free part of my build for the last three years.
                          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i want one! whats with the crash of caputers in 2009-2010 killing such good tech! i've got two builds! i'll but two! bring this back!


                            the carpurer scene is on the rise right now!
                            Life Dosn't come with a reset button, if it did you might as well turn the game off.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X