Sound Blaster with KXProject Drivers Audio Processing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Blaster with KXProject Drivers Audio Processing

Discussion thread for Sound Blaster with KXProject Drivers Audio Processing. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button
    System always under construction

KXProject Tuning basic setup guide added. It will probably need to be tweaked since I threw it together.

Comment

I don't have all the plugins listed in your screenshot, is there some place where I download them all?

I managed to make a crossover network routed to the proper channels by using filters called "EQ highpass" and "EQ lowpass" I understand the slider for frequency, that's kind of obvious...but I'm not sure what the "Q" slider is for? It defaults to 1.20 and seems to sound best there, but what exactly does it do?

Comment

the Q adjustment will determine if there is a hump at the frquency you have selected or if it rolls off quicker. A value of 0.7 is what a basic Butterworth filter uses-it has no hump and the smoothest roll-off. A higher value will give you a boost at that frequency where a lower value will roll off quicker.

What driver version are you using. I have to try to remember what plugin packs installed, but I think the crossovers I used were included in the newest driver pack. The kxproject webpage is outdated on the drivers. Goto www.driverheaven.net forum webpage. The newest support is located there.

Newest Drivers linky
        UFX plugin linky-this is the one I think had the crossovers and the Timebalance plugins.
        ProFX linky-this had some really nice parametric EQ's IIRC

Comment

Working...
        X