ASIO VST Plug-in Audio Tuning Method

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASIO VST Plug-in Audio Tuning Method

Discussion thread for ASIO VST Plug-in Audio Tuning Method. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button
    System always under construction

Yes! Please discuss!
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Console Guide added

Comment

Sweet!
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

This looks very cool. I've been wanting to time align my system but I don't have a head unit. I might try using that Voxengo Time Delay plugin. Also, does anyone know of any good VST equalizers? And, I've used ASIO4ALL before but not on a EPIA SP-1300. Do you guys think that board will be powerful enough to run EQ and Time Alignment VST plugins? I'm almost positive that board supports 5.1 sound. I have been wayyyy out of the CarPC loop for a while, but I'm just now getting back to installing my PC in my new car, and I just got my sound system installed and waiting for a PC to run it
          CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

I think you might be ok running just the EQ and the time delays using the Console program. If you try to use the crossover plugin you will need a new computer. Check out the Wiki because all the software is linked there.

Comment

There's a full list of plug-ins avaliable here: http://www.mp3car.com/wiki/index.php...g_via_Software

as well as the thread that started it all here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88359
              Jan Bennett

Comment

I FINALLY tested this in my car with all my amps and speakers and such. I took my settings from the Alpine H701 and punched the values into Frequency ALlocator and adjusted the time delays to exactly what I had before. I must say it worked perfectly. Everything appeared to work as it did before. I have used other brands before for time correction and crossovers, and it never seems the same. This seemed accurate in regards to how Alpine does it all. I did not take any measurements but based on subjectively listening to it I was happy. I will have to really sit down and take mroe time to listen to see how this compares. My soundcard voltage is lower then the Alpine so I will need to adjust my gains to allow for 1V input rather than 4V input. Here are my notes/hints/tips:

1) No turn on noise from what I could tell but this will probably be soundcard related.

2) Major turn off pop, which of course there is no tweeter protection. So this is BAD, will probably kill tweeters in no time at all. You will have to find a way to turn your amps off before the computer powers off.

3) Console appeared to hibernate just fine.

4) If you do a cold boot, don't just put a shortcut to Console in your startup folder since it will not retain your settings when closing it. Instead, save your settings to a file and put a shortcut to that file in your startup folder.

Comment

#2 is bad...really bad...

#4 - so then, you have to manually open it up every time you start-up the computer?

Those are some pretty major issues. Good to hear that it works though! That's at least a step in the right direction!
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

As far as #2, I talked with my expert installer buddy to come up with a solution.

My first Idea is to use 2k1toaster's USB relay control board. It would be perfect to fix it I think. It won't turn anything on until computer is on and the software loads up or whatever they are dreaming up to control it. Then, it should turn everything off before there computer shuts off. At least this is what I hope.

My second idea, or my buddies idea is that he has a two relay solution. The turn part is triggered by 12V (Use 12V from PSU for trigger) and it will turn off when it sees a ground pulse (Use the turn on/turn off pulse/momentary button from the PSU used to turn on off the PC). He is supposed to get me a wiring diagram for it soon. He has used it before for something else and claims it will do what I need it to do.

As far as #4 this is minor. Console has to run in the background anyway to process the sound. Like I said, it's just a matter of putting a shortcut in the WIndows startup folder just like you would for Frontends, Winamp or whatever else loads up at boot.

Comment

Hi!
                      I've followed this guide to play a .wav file with WinAmp (lite) and filter the output using Console and some vst plugins.
                      My audio card is a M-Audio Delta 44 that supports Asio 1 and 2.
                      I puted the "otachan" asio output plugin in WinAmp and then I configured that.
                      I opened Console, puted 'M-Audio Delta Asio IN' and 'M-Audio Delta Asio OUT' on the 'stage' and the linked IN-ports with OUT-ports... I know that is probably wrong because I use a sound file played from hard-disk and I don't use the real audiocard IN-ports but I don't understand how to proceed. If I turn on Console and try to play something on Winamp nothing append.
                      The player stop himself automatically.
                      What is wrong? Can you help me?

Bye bye!!

Comment

Working...
                      X